Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Performing Arts Talk
Thread started 07 Aug 2017 (Monday) 20:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

A letter of assignment - HELP

smyephotography
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Aug 2017
Hamilton Ontario
Aug 07, 2017 20:46 |  #1

Hello i am a canadian photographer and i am registering for a festival (Fair) that is asking for a letter of assignment inorder to get MEDIA ACCREDITATION.

i have no idea where to start with the letter, is there anyone out there that could help out a fellow photographer ?

thank you in advance

Naturalist
Adrift on a lonely vast sea
Joined May 2007
Tallgrass prairies of northwest Minnesota
Aug 07, 2017 21:38 |  #2

They are wanting to see a letter from the employer you are working for. This is typically a publisher who has contracted you to provide the pix.

Doug
My Gear List
http://www.douglasbrow​nsr.com (external link)
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/128037573@N07/ (external link)
Entered: 2-16-84 Passed: 5-22-84 Raised: 6-19-84

smyephotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Aug 2017
Hamilton Ontario
Aug 07, 2017 23:00 |  #3

Naturalist wrote in post #18421915 (external link)
They are wanting to see a letter from the employer you are working for. This is typically a publisher who has contracted you to provide the pix.

http://holmespr.com/me​dia-accreditation/cne-2017/ (external link) here is the application

Qlayer2
OOOHHH! Pretty Moth!
Joined Dec 2013
Detroit, MI
Aug 08, 2017 08:38 |  #4

Your letter of assignment is a letter provided by the editor/publisher who is paying you to take the photos.

In other words, are you going to take photos for your local paper, a magazine, a website, etc? Whoever you are taking the images for, is who needs to provide a letter stating your assignment for them.

If you aren't shooting an assignment and are shooting on spec or for yourself, you can request credentials, but depending on the event/volume you'll probably be denied. Credentials are typically handed out to members of the press or freelancers who are shooting on assignment for a publisher or source.

Support this site - donate here

Dan ­ Marchant
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2011
Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.
Aug 09, 2017 22:49 |  #5

smyephotography wrote in post #18421984 (external link)
http://holmespr.com/me​dia-accreditation/cne-2017/ (external link) here is the application

That form includes a section for details of the outlet (and the primary contact there). That is the news outlet you are shooting for and they will be the ones to provide the letter.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

1,596 views & 1 like for this thread
A letter of assignment - HELP
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Performing Arts Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.