I have recently recorded a simple chat / discussion about 8 good points and 8 bad points about this lens. My scoring reflects these.
The points for each are as follows.
1. If you can nail the focus, the image quality of the lens is outstanding.
2. Very well built and manufactured as expected from the L lens series.
3. Very fast allowing use of fast shutter speeds & low ISO in low light.
4. Sharp wide open at f/1.2
5. Lens hood supplied is extremely effective and simple to fit.
6. Looks physically impressive (bragging rights ).
7. 85mm focal length is a sweet spot for portraits to avoid
8. Images taken with this lens have a unique look.
1. Focus accuracy. Micro adjustment may be needed.
2. I found I needed to change the way I worked with this lens to get good results. This can be off-putting after spending a large sum.
3. Really heavy (1kg).
4. Rear element is flush to the metal and very exposed.
5. Chromatic aberration is very apparent when using large apertures.
6. 85mm good for portraits but is long for smaller spaces. Fine for studio use.
7. Not weather sealed despite it being an L lens.
8. Slow to focus as it drags the hunk of glass around.
Below are the images shown in the video.