Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support
Thread started 07 Aug 2017 (Monday) 14:30
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Which clamp for my Arca-swiss p0?

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
13,795 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Aug 08, 2017 10:23 |  #16

kaitlyn2004 wrote in post #18422215 (external link)
Ah, you've got the larger one. I wish I could just walk into a store and confirm the smaller one works with my plate, but alas I live in Canada ;(

I've never been to the storefront, however, phone service is top notch, the guy I spoke to was aware of the p0. Look for a countersunk that accepts M6 screws, I'm assuming all will.

just avoid the ones with the screw bottom, you want countersunk.

Sony A7rii x2 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - FE 35/2.8 - CV 35/1.7 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 35-70, 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8, 24/1.4 - Tamron 28-75 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 VC

sponsored links
kaitlyn2004
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,562 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Aug 11, 2017 13:43 |  #17

My B2-40 arrived today and fits my Kirk L-bracket perfectly!

Now I just have to get it attach to the p0!

New Zealand Travel Photography (external link)
My Instagram (external link)

kaitlyn2004
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,562 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Aug 11, 2017 14:57 |  #18

Charlie wrote in post #18422188 (external link)
the P0 has the plastic/rubber pad, that should be removed. When you purchase a p0 with clamp, there is no such plastic/rubber piece. I suspect it's there to help out if you intend to use the 1/4" thread.... which you definitely should NOT. That piece peels right off, you want metal to metal contact.

Just wanted to follow up on this one - where did you come to this conclusion? Only because I haven't come across any other mention about removing or otherwise doing anything with that pad. It is also the piece that rotates and wouldn't want to risk impacting that...

If the clamp goes on tight, wouldn't that pad actually help vs smooth metal on smooth metal? If it has any give in it at all, then a tightened clamp can sort of create its own groove which would also help secure it against rotation

kaitlyn2004
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,562 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Aug 12, 2017 17:00 |  #19

Woo! Got my bolt off the p0 at the Home Depot (actually, the guy there did it all for me!). It did have some white "loctite" on it though it didn't seem like he really applied that much pressure to remove it.

It seems my RRS-supplied M6 bolt fits perfectly, whereas others have said it hits the ball... hmm!

Given that the clamp has no threads, what can I do to prevent rotation of the clamp itself?

Should I apply some form of loctite to the M6 bolt? Should I clean out the threads within the ballhead (how?)?

sawsedge
Joined Dec 2011
United States
Aug 12, 2017 21:34 |  #20

kaitlyn2004 wrote in post #18426106 (external link)
Woo! Got my bolt off the p0 at the Home Depot (actually, the guy there did it all for me!). It did have some white "loctite" on it though it didn't seem like he really applied that much pressure to remove it.

It seems my RRS-supplied M6 bolt fits perfectly, whereas others have said it hits the ball... hmm!

Given that the clamp has no threads, what can I do to prevent rotation of the clamp itself?

Should I apply some form of loctite to the M6 bolt? Should I clean out the threads within the ballhead (how?)?

If you don't have a way to prevent rotation of the RRS clamp, then yes, I would use some blue loctite on the bolt. I've heard clear fingernail polish works just as well.

- John

Charlie
Guess What! I'm Pregnant!
13,795 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Aug 12, 2017 21:56 |  #21

The clamp won't move, it's solid. In fact if my force is too much, the 3/8 tripod will slip first!

As for the clamp base piece, I read it in a blog, and indeed you get a more solid connection. Trust me, it's like a sticker peel it off, you can stick it back on our toss in the trash like I did.

Sony A7rii x2 - FE 12-24/4 - FE 24-240 - FE 35/2.8 - CV 35/1.7 - FE 50/1.8 - FE 85/1.8 - EF 135/1.8 Art - F 600/5.6 - CZ 35-70, 100-300 - Astro Rok 14/2.8, 24/1.4 - Tamron 28-75 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 VC

sponsored links

1,498 views & 3 likes for this thread
Which clamp for my Arca-swiss p0?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Tripods, Monopods & Other Camera Support

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.