Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial
Thread started 23 Jun 2015 (Tuesday) 17:02
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Milky Way over North Florida

Celestron
Cream of the Crop
8,396 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2007
Texas USA
Apr 29, 2016 08:54 |  #16

Mr2step , very nice capture ! , nice to finally see a MW image that is not absorbed by LP ! Finally a Milkyway image the way it should be , nice going and edit . I see a slight amount of green in the trees and that's good .

jonhead
33 posts
Joined Feb 2014
May 05, 2016 17:08 |  #17

This is very very beautiful. I love the framing of the trees amidst everything else!

mr2step
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Sep 2008
Ocala, Florida
May 15, 2017 19:17 |  #18

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I don't get on here much so it's been awhile! Still trying to get up to Shired Island. This shot was taken southeast of Gainersville out in the "sticks". I almost stepped on a water mocassin as I was staring up at the sky trying to frame the image. I just looked up and these beautiful live oak limbs were perfectly framing the celestial core. It was a bit sketchy and slightly "Deliverance" but I came home with some nice shots that night. Even got a few with lightning bugs in them.

Do what you love, and you will never work a day in your life.
www.Brettmissick.comexternal link

http://www.facebook.co​m/brettmissickphotogra​phyexternal link

devin07
88 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Ft Frances, ON Canada
May 25, 2017 06:33 |  #19

Wondering what techniques you settled on using for post processing? You did an excellent job on this shot. I too have tried a variety of methods, but still haven't found one I'm happy with.

robbcobb
26 posts
Joined Apr 2010
GA
Aug 14, 2017 22:27 |  #20

I've been thinking about trying Hagan's Cove for a couple of years now, about 50 miles SW of Live Oak. It looks to be a fairly dark location. Has anybody shot there and how was it?

7,748 views & 14 likes for this thread
Milky Way over North Florida
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Astronomy & Celestial

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.