Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers
Thread started 21 Aug 2017 (Monday) 18:23
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Loupedeck - Disappointed and going back.

tonyxcom
Joined Jul 2008
Vallejo CA
Aug 21, 2017 18:23 |  #1

So I just got my Loupedeck today and spent about an hour editing some photos.

The good - The knobs are great, pressing to reset is great, white balance even goes back to the "as shot" settings, although it says custom. You feel like Dr Dre adjusting a few knobs at a time. They are laid out in a logical fashion but will take some time before you can use them without looking.

The big crop and rotate knob isn't granular enough to be very effective and I found I had to go back to keyboard and mouse to get the results I wanted.

The bad - the keys are absolutely worthless. If you press them on the left or right edge they just rock, they sometimes work if you hit them in the top or bottom middle of the keys. But you need to hit them in the middle in order to make them work. It doesn't get better from there though as the keys are mushy. I didn't expect Apple like keys but for $300 I'd be happy with Dell keys.

As one of my primary reasons for buying this was culling, flagging and staring I have no choice but to send it back.

1DXmkII / 7DmkII / 100-400mkII / 70-200mkII / 24-70mkI / 24-70F4L / 16-35mkI / 50ART / 40STM / 50STM / 1.4xIII

Talley
Talley Whacker
10,084 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Dec 2011
Houston
Aug 21, 2017 18:37 |  #2

Sorry to hear this. I saw this and said well... after my selection process this would be quick to run through the highlights/shadows etc.

5D4 |12mm 2.8 FE | 16-35L 2.8 III | Σ 35A | Σ 50A | Σ 85A | 200 F2 IS | 1.4xIII
X-T20 | X-E3 | 18/2 | 35/1.4 | 56/1.2 | 18-135
My Gear Archive

tonyxcom
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jul 2008
Vallejo CA
Aug 21, 2017 19:15 as a reply to Talley's post |  #3

It might be ok for that. In fact, it probably will shine if you spend a lot of time on a single photo, especially in the HSL.

If you bulk apply your edits like I do, it's not as useful.

1DXmkII / 7DmkII / 100-400mkII / 70-200mkII / 24-70mkI / 24-70F4L / 16-35mkI / 50ART / 40STM / 50STM / 1.4xIII

472 views & 0 likes for this thread
Loupedeck - Disappointed and going back.
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.