Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras
Thread started 05 Aug 2017 (Saturday) 16:43
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Godox and Fuji

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
9,826 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Oct 2012
Bowie, MD
Aug 13, 2017 20:50 |  #31

So I still haven't updated the firmware on either flash yet, but I got them working perfectly with my X-Pro2. Unfortunately though, now I'm having a weird sync issue with the X100T... which is extremely weird considering it has a leaf shutter that'll sync all the way to 1/4000s without HSS.

Below is a re-post from the X100 thread;

So as a bizarre turn of events I just tried using my Godox 2.4ghz system with my X100T and it won't sync past 1/160s... can any of you help me figure out why?

The option for "external flash" is disabled as soon as I put/turn the flash (TT350f) on. It works perfectly on my X-Pro2 and I have never had a problem with my Yongnuo's. Is there any reason anyone could think of for why this wouldn't be working right with the X100T?

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T // XF 18mm f2 // Rokinon 12mm f2 // XF 35mm f1.4 // Rokinon 21mm f1.4 // XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 // XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 // Rokinon 85mm f1.4 // Zhonghi Lensturbo ii // Various adapted MF lenses
flickr (external link) // Instagram (external link)

sponsored links
Osa713
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Post has been last edited 3 months ago by Osa713. 2 edits done in total.
Aug 14, 2017 12:07 |  #32

Flashpoint the rebranded version of Godox for Adorama are currently shipping the R2 as of today. I preordered one last month.

Osa713
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Aug 19, 2017 00:20 |  #33

The trigger arrived today, Yes it is on the large side but it works with no hiccups.

No lag, no flash delay, just works right out of the box with my ad200 and TT350.

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2014
Ireland
Aug 21, 2017 19:08 |  #34

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #18426923 (external link)
So as a bizarre turn of events I just tried using my Godox 2.4ghz system with my X100T and it won't sync past 1/160s... can any of you help me figure out why?

Godox updated their firmware now fixed[Ish] for the x100t/f

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T1, X-E2 | 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 10-24/4. AD600BM, TT865F, AL-H198, ThinkTank AS2, Peli1514, Ona Bowery, Matthews Grip
flickr (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2008
Vancouver, BC
Aug 24, 2017 01:54 |  #35

Just wondering....does the Camera with Godox trigger on hot shoe with flash on top work well?

I use a flash on top of the trigger for fill flash while I use the remote flash for dynamic lighting during events.

Does the godox trigger system with Flash on top allow you to adjust flash compensation power settings on shoe?

Reason I ask is because the X-t2 with spring clip removed from the fuji hotshoe can now work with my Cactus V6 mk2. I can put my Canon flash on top of my Cactus V6mk2 trigger's hotshoe. I can get TTL and appears HSS to my canon flash (fuji body) and the flash exposure is ridiculously spot on. Only when highly reflective materials are present it will fool the TTL system. However Cactus doesn't appear to support Flash exposure compensation in this manner.

I dont think many here use their fuji bodies in this manner. Just doing more research.........

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 80D | 24LmkII | 35mm f/2 IS | 85 mkII L | 100L | EF-S 10-22 | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji X-T2 w/battery booster | 16mm f/1.4 | 56 f/1.2 | 10-24 f/4.0 | 55-200 | EF-X500

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
9,826 posts
Joined Oct 2012
Bowie, MD
Aug 24, 2017 02:58 |  #36

AlanU wrote in post #18435605 (external link)
Just wondering....does the Camera with Godox trigger on hot shoe with flash on top work well?

I use a flash on top of the trigger for fill flash while I use the remote flash for dynamic lighting during events.

Does the godox trigger system with Flash on top allow you to adjust flash compensation power settings on shoe?

Reason I ask is because the X-t2 with spring clip removed from the fuji hotshoe can now work with my Cactus V6 mk2. I can put my Canon flash on top of my Cactus V6mk2 trigger's hotshoe. I can get TTL and appears HSS to my canon flash (fuji body) and the flash exposure is ridiculously spot on. Only when highly reflective materials are present it will fool the TTL system. However Cactus doesn't appear to support Flash exposure compensation in this manner.

I dont think many here use their fuji bodies in this manner. Just doing more research.........

You don't need to use both the trigger and an on camera flash, you can just use the flash on the camera to control the other flashes (as was pointed out earlier in this thread).

I use my TT350 to control my TT685 and it works perfectly, whether the TT350 is set to fire or not. TTL can be adjusted via the flash or the camera body.

Fuji X-Pro2 // Fuji X-T1 // Fuji X-100T // XF 18mm f2 // Rokinon 12mm f2 // XF 35mm f1.4 // Rokinon 21mm f1.4 // XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 // XF 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 // Rokinon 85mm f1.4 // Zhonghi Lensturbo ii // Various adapted MF lenses

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2008
Vancouver, BC
Aug 24, 2017 03:38 |  #37

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #18435617 (external link)
You don't need to use both the trigger and an on camera flash, you can just use the flash on the camera to control the other flashes (as was pointed out earlier in this thread).

I use my TT350 to control my TT685 and it works perfectly, whether the TT350 is set to fire or not. TTL can be adjusted via the flash or the camera body.

OK...

I'm just invested in the Cactus system so I'm just exploring what I can do with my current gear. Unfortunately the Cactus RF60 flash unit is a manual flash setup. The TTL/HSS info is transmitted through a trigger with the multi point pin shoe for data. The trigger has a hotshoe so you can have TTL passthrough.

I just discovered tonight that I can use my Canon 580exii or even 600EX-RT on top of the trigger with a fuji camera. The new firmware allows cross brand TTL. So I can have virtually scary good TTL flash exposure with my canon flash on a Fuji body. If you own a nikon speedlight you can throw that on the cactus trigger that is sitting on your fuji body. Clunky setup .

The tactile knobs and buttons on the trigger is far superior in quickly changing light setting than a in flash menu system. If you've used a pocket wizard AC3 setup you know exactly what I'm talking about for fraction of a second power flash level adjustments. That is the only reason why I bought the cactus v6 system.

5Dmkiv |5Dmkiii | 80D | 24LmkII | 35mm f/2 IS | 85 mkII L | 100L | EF-S 10-22 | 16-35L mkII | 24-70 f/2.8L mkii| 70-200 f/2.8 ISL mkII| 600EX-RT x2 | 580 EX II x2 | Einstein's
Fuji X-T2 w/battery booster | 16mm f/1.4 | 56 f/1.2 | 10-24 f/4.0 | 55-200 | EF-X500

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2014
Ireland
Aug 24, 2017 04:41 as a reply to AlanU's post |  #38

Go out and buy a few Godox X1r-c for your Canon flashes. You'll get control then without the fuss of mounting extra things on your camera.

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T1, X-E2 | 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 10-24/4. AD600BM, TT865F, AL-H198, ThinkTank AS2, Peli1514, Ona Bowery, Matthews Grip
flickr (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)

Osa713
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Aug 24, 2017 10:56 |  #39

Sell your cactus stuff, lol.

Buy a tt350 to control more Godox lights and use it for fill like Lucas mentioned. Or by triggers for canon and Fuji and control Godox lights, one system with two controllers. :-P

Do not reply to spam, report it!

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2008
Vancouver, BC
Aug 24, 2017 13:08 |  #40

Osa713 wrote in post #18435851 (external link)
Sell your cactus stuff, lol.

Buy a tt350 to control more Godox lights and use it for fill like Lucas mentioned. Or by triggers for canon and Fuji and control Godox lights, one system with two controllers. :-P

ya...

looks like I'd need to look into at least four (maybe 5) 860C, X1T-F, and X1T-C.

I've chatted online with the Adorama chat line and the person on the other end had little knowledge and was not informative at all and did not answer even 50% of my questions. Quite disappointed as I'm a potential customer asking valid questions. I'm now just researching .........on my own.

From what I've been told the 860C(canon) will only work in manual mode remotely if I am shooting with my fuji (with X1T-f). Not sure if there is any cross brand TTL/HSS that will allow 860C flash units to have ttl/hss with fuji trigger.

I'm still researching but I want to have flash exposure compensation FEC on the flash on top of my camera body. This is where I cannot do with my current cactus system. Cactus does NOT have a multi pin flash unit that is capable of hss/ttl.

At the moment the Cactus with my Canon system is ridiculously rock solid. The fuji X-t2 with battery booster with the trigger and flash mounted on it is OK and I am getting full HSS and TTL....BUT the issue I'm having is that I have no FEC with the flash on top of my camera.

More research :)

So far in low light environments in with my booster battery pack in "boost" mode I'm still getting unreliable !AF notification. This is just the nature of the beast.

The more and more I look into Godox it truly offers a cheap system that is versatile.

Osa713
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Post has been edited 2 months ago by Osa713.
Aug 24, 2017 15:07 as a reply to AlanU's post |  #41

I played around with manual focus recently and tested it on my wife. I shoot in our living room completely dark And she was lit up by an iPad she was using and the Fuji manual focusing is amazing. I used the focus peaking method.

I still have a lot to learn as I need to learn how to shoot in that mode faster but maybe this might be an option for you to toy around with.

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
9,826 posts
Joined Oct 2012
Bowie, MD
Aug 24, 2017 15:28 |  #42

AlanU wrote in post #18435972 (external link)
ya...

looks like I'd need to look into at least four (maybe 5) 860C, X1T-F, and X1T-C.

I've chatted online with the Adorama chat line and the person on the other end had little knowledge and was not informative at all and did not answer even 50% of my questions. Quite disappointed as I'm a potential customer asking valid questions. I'm now just researching .........on my own.

From what I've been told the 860C(canon) will only work in manual mode remotely if I am shooting with my fuji (with X1T-f). Not sure if there is any cross brand TTL/HSS that will allow 860C flash units to have ttl/hss with fuji trigger.

I'm still researching but I want to have flash exposure compensation FEC on the flash on top of my camera body. This is where I cannot do with my current cactus system. Cactus does NOT have a multi pin flash unit that is capable of hss/ttl.

At the moment the Cactus with my Canon system is ridiculously rock solid. The fuji X-t2 with battery booster with the trigger and flash mounted on it is OK and I am getting full HSS and TTL....BUT the issue I'm having is that I have no FEC with the flash on top of my camera.

More research :)

So far in low light environments in with my booster battery pack in "boost" mode I'm still getting unreliable !AF notification. This is just the nature of the beast.

The more and more I look into Godox it truly offers a cheap system that is versatile.

Which focus mode do you use? AF-S, AF-C, single point, zone, etc?

I'm genuinely baffled how you have so many problems with the focus, mine gives me the failed AF only on rare occasions and almost only when using a smaller single point. When using the smallest zone focus mode I don't think it ever misses, though it does hunt a bit when the light gets really dim (thus with my older 35/1.4 and 18/2, I don't tend to use any other lenses in low light).

AlanU
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2008
Vancouver, BC
Aug 24, 2017 20:53 |  #43

EverydayGetaway wrote in post #18436071 (external link)
Which focus mode do you use? AF-S, AF-C, single point, zone, etc?

I'm genuinely baffled how you have so many problems with the focus, mine gives me the failed AF only on rare occasions and almost only when using a smaller single point. When using the smallest zone focus mode I don't think it ever misses, though it does hunt a bit when the light gets really dim (thus with my older 35/1.4 and 18/2, I don't tend to use any other lenses in low light).

You and I shoot differently. Shooting 18mm and 35mm on a crop sensor indoors events isn't my vision in my paid events. I typically shoot f/2.8 UWA and either 85mm or 70-200 on a full frame with flash bouncing techniques and remote manual flash.

I was experimenting with my 10-24mm in a relatively low light living room. I had the Cactus v6mk2 trigger on my X-T2 with booster mode battery pack and Canon flash on the trigger. The fuji body was actually emitting the obnoxious white LED light for AF assist LOL!!! even with the fuji bright LED it still had the !AF.

My 16mm would probably do a better job in AF in that circumstance. I was just talking to my local shop's store manager and he shoots Fuji as well. He was not shocked one bit as I was chatting with him. Lucas I'm not sure how you are baffled as this was my experience with my X-E2 and X-T10 as well.

I'm using single point and the focus point is not the smallest square either. This is not a big deal as I am not ever intending to shoot with my fuji during my events photography. The Fuji 10-24mm f/4 is my style of shooting but the glass is too slow for indoor events without flash. This is where I simply select my tools to capture what I need to do and Fuji UWA glass does not exist in f/2.8 unfortunately.

I just contacted Cactus and apparently in the distant future cactus will develop a dedicated brand multi pin flash. So in the meantime the Cactus system works flawlessly with my Canon gear and semi crippled but operation with my Fuji.

Bare minimum I need a bagful of 860C Godox flash and possibly a X1T-F for my fuji gear. I'm still not certain if there is a capabilities of having the X1T-F using cross TTL technology so I can have the 860-C flash having HSS/TTL capabilities. Not a big deal as i usually only use manual flash for remote flash units.

Seems there's always effort required to learn different flash systems.

Osa713
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Aug 25, 2017 00:20 |  #44

You can turn the LED AF light off. ;-)a I did when I have a flash mounted on top.

EverydayGetaway
Cream of the Crop
9,826 posts
Joined Oct 2012
Bowie, MD
Post has been edited 2 months ago by EverydayGetaway.
Aug 25, 2017 00:33 |  #45

AlanU wrote in post #18436283 (external link)
You and I shoot differently. Shooting 18mm and 35mm on a crop sensor indoors events isn't my vision in my paid events. I typically shoot f/2.8 UWA and either 85mm or 70-200 on a full frame with flash bouncing techniques and remote manual flash.

I was experimenting with my 10-24mm in a relatively low light living room. I had the Cactus v6mk2 trigger on my X-T2 with booster mode battery pack and Canon flash on the trigger. The fuji body was actually emitting the obnoxious white LED light for AF assist LOL!!! even with the fuji bright LED it still had the !AF.

My 16mm would probably do a better job in AF in that circumstance. I was just talking to my local shop's store manager and he shoots Fuji as well. He was not shocked one bit as I was chatting with him. Lucas I'm not sure how you are baffled as this was my experience with my X-E2 and X-T10 as well.

I'm using single point and the focus point is not the smallest square either. This is not a big deal as I am not ever intending to shoot with my fuji during my events photography. The Fuji 10-24mm f/4 is my style of shooting but the glass is too slow for indoor events without flash. This is where I simply select my tools to capture what I need to do and Fuji UWA glass does not exist in f/2.8 unfortunately.

I just contacted Cactus and apparently in the distant future cactus will develop a dedicated brand multi pin flash. So in the meantime the Cactus system works flawlessly with my Canon gear and semi crippled but operation with my Fuji.

Bare minimum I need a bagful of 860C Godox flash and possibly a X1T-F for my fuji gear. I'm still not certain if there is a capabilities of having the X1T-F using cross TTL technology so I can have the 860-C flash having HSS/TTL capabilities. Not a big deal as i usually only use manual flash for remote flash units.

Seems there's always effort required to learn different flash systems.

I'm baffled because I haven't had nearly as many issues as you seem to have had, nor have I heard of anyone else having issues frequently like you describe. I haven't had consistent AF issues with a Fuji body since my X-E1. Now, there are certain settings which work better than others for sure.

In my experience using single point AF in dark environments is not only less reliable but far slower than using selective area AF. I recognize that my faster lenses definitely contribute to a better AF experience in general in low light, but I haven't even had issues like you're describing when using my 18-55mm, so it makes me wonder if it's a matter of how your camera i set up or how you're using it.

Have you tried using the zone focus mode?

sponsored links

4,727 views & 59 likes for this thread
Godox and Fuji
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.