Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 26 Aug 2017 (Saturday) 18:06
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Godox didn't bother to fix the bug in X1T-S (FlashPoint R2 TTL Sony) for 9 month ...

deejjjaaaa
122 posts
Joined Jul 2016
Steel City, Rust Belt
Aug 26, 2017 18:06 |  #1

Godox didn't fix the bug in X1T-S (FlashPoint R2 TTL Sony) for 9 month...

history how the bug ( inspired by postings of user vett93 / https://www.dpreview.c​om ...s/8629410138/forums​/posts (external link) / ) was investigated = http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=18​228167

here is what Adorama (as we purchased FlashPoint branded devices) was feeding us all this time, for example on May 03, 2017 ( http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=18​345293 ) =

"We have just received notice that the engineers will have completed the work on the software in 3 weeks..."

and here is what we __STILL__ have now (with most recent Godox firmware releases posted after so much time) =

IMAGE: https://s26.postimg.org/5somuavvt/Godox_Sony_TTL_suxx.jpg

as you can see there is still a huge exposure difference (yellow-circled vs green-circled) for apertures under f4 ... x-axis is aperture, y-axis is DNs from raw extracted with rawdigger (averaged green channels, rounded)
so 9 month and counting... total impotence to write a code on Godox part...

PS: blue-circled area is when strobe simple has no power to compensate for stopped down aperture and it is a normal situation

sponsored links
shaolin95
121 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Aug 26, 2017 20:50 |  #2

deejjjaaaa wrote in post #18437772 (external link)
Godox didn't fix the bug in X1T-S (FlashPoint R2 TTL Sony) for 9 month...

history how the bug ( inspired by postings of user vett93 / https://www.dpreview.c​om ...s/8629410138/forums​/posts (external link) / ) was investigated = http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=18​228167

here is what Adorama (as we purchased FlashPoint branded devices) was feeding us all this time, for example on May 03, 2017 ( http://photography-on-the.net ...showthread.php?p=18​345293 ) =

"We have just received notice that the engineers will have completed the work on the software in 3 weeks..."

and here is what we __STILL__ have now (with most recent Godox firmware releases posted after so much time) =

QUOTED IMAGE

as you can see there is still a huge exposure difference (yellow-circled vs green-circled) for apertures under f4 ... x-axis is aperture, y-axis is DNs from raw extracted with rawdigger (averaged green channels, rounded)
so 9 month and counting... total impotence to write a code on Godox part...

PS: blue-circled area is when strobe simple has no power to compensate for stopped down aperture and it is a normal situation

Its insulting that its sold as a TTL solution with such MAJOR flaw and on top of that we get the 3 weeks for the fix statement and months later nothing.
I love the Godox system overall and while I use a lightmeter, I wish I could trust the TTL on my strobe (you know since WE PAID FOR IT!!!) for times when I need to move fast.
Why is Adorama not stepping up and asking Godox to get this done? I mean, the product is sold under Xplor600 and as far as I know, Adorama is the only one that can sell the TTL version so its reputation is also affected by this lack of urgency.
Stop releasing more products and fix this first!

HelenOster
That's me!
4,290 posts
Joined Jul 2008
New York
Aug 27, 2017 10:41 |  #3

shaolin95 wrote in post #18437878 (external link)
Its insulting that its sold as a TTL solution with such MAJOR flaw and on top of that we get the 3 weeks for the fix statement and months later nothing.
I love the Godox system overall and while I use a lightmeter, I wish I could trust the TTL on my strobe (you know since WE PAID FOR IT!!!) for times when I need to move fast.
Why is Adorama not stepping up and asking Godox to get this done? I mean, the product is sold under Xplor600 and as far as I know, Adorama is the only one that can sell the TTL version so its reputation is also affected by this lack of urgency.
Stop releasing more products and fix this first!

You would need to ask the brands team, as I've noted previously - brands@adorama.com. I would have thought that if enough of you write in, it's going to be far more effective than my single email

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOsterexternal link
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/external link

shaolin95
121 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Aug 29, 2017 13:07 |  #4

HelenOster wrote in post #18438257 (external link)
You would need to ask the brands team, as I've noted previously - brands@adorama.com. I would have thought that if enough of you write in, it's going to be far more effective than my single email

So I did contact them and this is the laughable reply they sent me
"Hi,
my understanding is they the system is constantly being updated, they are aware of the Sony wide aperture TTL problem, and advise that at apertures wider than f/4 you use Manual power setting

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions.
-Shua
"

Seriously????

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,623 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Post has been edited 1 month ago by CyberDyneSystems.
Aug 31, 2017 17:02 |  #5

A few more posts were deleted from this thread,

I would like to remind everyone that POTN is here for the specific purpose of providing a safe place to ask for advice and share your experiences.

If you personally do not feel that discussion of a flaw in product is a worth while endeavor, than I invite you to NOT read this thread.

In the mean time, this thread will continue to go on, and I look forward to reading about a fix for this arcane problem.

Further OT posts, in particular ones that insult a large percentage of this forums membership, will be deleted.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Sep 03, 2017 12:33 |  #6

Considering how Godox has addressed and fixed other firmware issues in various X system products makes me think that there may be something about communicating between the camera and the controller that Godox engineers can't address because it originates in the camera.

I have no way to know that for certain, its just an observation based on working with Edward Tang to test several Canon, Sony, and Fuji triggers for the X system.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,290 posts
Joined Jul 2008
New York
Sep 07, 2017 10:58 |  #7

The unit DOES work, but with limitations. We are taking your reports seriously, and have been putting constant pressure upon Godox to improve the product and deal with the shortcomings. Those customers who are dissatisfied, are able to return the units to us for a full refund.

We actually discussed at length stopping selling the transmitter completely, based on the issues raised primarily on this forum and dpreview, but the Flashpoint Team decided that the benefits of the unit being available, even if just for HSS with the Sony system, is in serious demand with Sony shooters. Again, those customers who are dissatisfied are welcome to return the units to us.

While of course we tested the product during development - and when we first received your reports - we didn't reach the level of meticulous systematic focus on that small aperture range that was brought to our attention through your research and dedicated testing.

Thanks to the users of this forum and dpreview in bringing the issue to our attention, the Flashpoint Team added a notification on our product page advising potential customers of the limitations of the unit. The Adorama sales team has been advised as well, (although as they deal with tens of thousands of products a day, from thousands of brands, only a small amount of which are Flashpoint, they cannot be considered experts)

This is why we set up the Flashpoint product support hotline, by 'phone or email: brands@Adorama.com

As a final note, we HAVE been in contact with the Godox engineering team on an updated estimated date when the fix will be available, but I shan't be sharing it at this point in time. I was doing my best to keep you all as informed as possible by passing on the information we received directly to you, but when I previously gave the time scale predicted by Godox, it backfired horribly on us…...... and now users on this forum have called into question my ethical standpoint, for sharing with you internal information which I clearly stated I had received from another company.

If you need assistance returning your Sony units because the product that does not work as you expected, rather than wait for a final fix, you can email our customer support team: service@adorama.com

Helen Oster

Helen@adorama.com

Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOsterexternal link
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/external link

shaolin95
121 posts
Joined Jan 2008
Sep 07, 2017 20:14 |  #8

HelenOster wrote in post #18446666 (external link)
The unit DOES work, but with limitations. We are taking your reports seriously, and have been putting constant pressure upon Godox to improve the product and deal with the shortcomings. Those customers who are dissatisfied, are able to return the units to us for a full refund.

We actually discussed at length stopping selling the transmitter completely, based on the issues raised primarily on this forum and dpreview, but the Flashpoint Team decided that the benefits of the unit being available, even if just for HSS with the Sony system, is in serious demand with Sony shooters. Again, those customers who are dissatisfied are welcome to return the units to us.

While of course we tested the product during development - and when we first received your reports - we didn't reach the level of meticulous systematic focus on that small aperture range that was brought to our attention through your research and dedicated testing.

Thanks to the users of this forum and dpreview in bringing the issue to our attention, the Flashpoint Team added a notification on our product page advising potential customers of the limitations of the unit. The Adorama sales team has been advised as well, (although as they deal with tens of thousands of products a day, from thousands of brands, only a small amount of which are Flashpoint, they cannot be considered experts)

This is why we set up the Flashpoint product support hotline, by 'phone or email: brands@Adorama.com

As a final note, we HAVE been in contact with the Godox engineering team on an updated estimated date when the fix will be available, but I shan't be sharing it at this point in time. I was doing my best to keep you all as informed as possible by passing on the information we received directly to you, but when I previously gave the time scale predicted by Godox, it backfired horribly on us…...... and now users on this forum have called into question my ethical standpoint, for sharing with you internal information which I clearly stated I had received from another company.

If you need assistance returning your Sony units because the product that does not work as you expected, rather than wait for a final fix, you can email our customer support team: service@adorama.com

Helen Oster

Helen@adorama.com

Thanks for your efforts, Helen! :)

sponsored links

2,721 views & 20 likes for this thread
Godox didn't bother to fix the bug in X1T-S (FlashPoint R2 TTL Sony) for 9 month ...
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.