Digital Camera Speed Challenge #474 - Smoke, fog, mist or vapour
Right now my area is covered in thick, stinking smoke from forest fires, making working or photographing outdoors unpleasant and unhealthy, but other kinds of smoke and mist can result in fine images. So look in your archives or even light some incense (or whatever) and show us what you can do.
Thanks to everybody for a goodly number of entries this week and here are a few comments on them:
texkam - "Out Of the Early Morning Mist" – gives a great impression of what it must've been like to run in conditions like that.
rwmson – "Opposing Diamonds" – I looked long and hard at this and really couldn't make out what it was. It seems far too symmetrical to be an actual photograph of smoke, mist etc. and I don't see where the diamonds fit in. Nice photo though, so please explain!
sandwedge - "Morning Fog and Steam: Norris Geyser Basin"– what more could one ask for? Fog and steam combined – very nice!
PaulB - "The Old Bridge – Edinburgh" - bridges disappearing into the fog are a favourite of mine. Good one.
OldCrow "– The Photographers" – a beautiful photograph reminiscent of an old oil painting. I love it!
#1 – OldCrow
#2 – texkam
#3 - sandwedge
So it's all yours Don – take it away!
The challenge begins when posted, and will end at 8am Pacific time, Wednesday, September 6, 2017 The winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
1. Camera: Any DIGITAL CAMERA is allowed, (not just DSLR)
2. Time: Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size: See standard P.O.T.N. Image Posting Rules.
4. Post Processing: Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting: ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
6. Details: Show camera model & lens used. Post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
7. Commenting: Please, NO COMMENTING (or "Likes") DURING THE CHALLENGE but feel free to make comments in this thread after a winner has been declared.
8. Content: Keep it clean, and both Family and Work safe.
9. Have questions? PM me.
10. Have FUN!
* THE WINNER ALWAYS SETS THE THEME FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE, POSTS IT AND JUDGES IT - BE PREPARED! A new challenge should be posted ASAP after you have been declared the winner.