Normally photographers are using the rule of thirds to create an intriguing image. This week I challenge you to break that rule and put your subject in one of the four corners of your image.
Thanks to all that contributed photos. Well played everyone.
scriven -- good POV and resulting reflections
M_Six -- nice peaceful calming colors
teekay -- this photo and caption made me smile. Nice catch light.
texkam -- nicely composed, great sky with nice color contrasts
Paul B -- reminds me of my visits to the MI and IN dunes
shep207 -- nice use of negative space.
darkslinger -- the "little" crane reminds me of Tootle, The Little Train That Could
airfrogusmc -- great moody sky, lots of negative space. I wonder who's under those hats?
And the winners are:
Honorable Mention goes to teekay and the right sided turkey.
I had hard time deciding on the winner but in the end it was airforogusmc's hat photo that got the nod.
Runner up goes to texkam's basketball hoop and colorful background.
This challenge begins when posted, and will end at Midnight GMT, Wednesday, September 13, 2017 The winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
1. Camera: Any DIGITAL CAMERA is allowed, (not just DSLR)
2. Time: Any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size: See standard P.O.T.N. Image Posting Rules.
4. Post Processing: Do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting: ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
6. Details: Show camera model & lens used. Post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
7. Commenting: Please, NO COMMENTING (or "Likes") DURING THE CHALLENGE but feel free to make comments in this thread after a winner has been declared.
8. Content: Keep it clean, and both Family and Work safe.
9. Have questions? PM me.
10. Have FUN!
* THE WINNER ALWAYS SETS THE THEME FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE, POSTS IT AND JUDGES IT - BE PREPARED! A new challenge should be posted ASAP after you have been declared the winner.[/QUOTE]