Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography
Thread started 14 Sep 2017 (Thursday) 19:45
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Tracking Stock Submissions

rgs
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2007
Oklahoma City
Sep 14, 2017 19:45 |  #1

I may be adding a couple of stock agencies. Until now, I have color coded images that are posted with an agency (or multiple ones) but, if I add any, I will be out color codes in LightRoom to tell what is where. I have also made a note of what agency(s) an image is with in the "copy name" field of the meta data. It occurs to me that the "copy name" field might be visible to buyers or agencies and that might not be good. I think it might be better note that in the "comment" section but I don't think it is searchable.

So:

1. Is the "copy name" field visible to others?
2. What methods do others use to track multiple submissions?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Canon 7d MkII, Canon 50D, Pentax 67, Canon 30D, Baker Custom 4x5, Canon EF 24-104mm f4, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC

The Singular Image (external link)Richard Smith Photography (external link)
Richard Smith Real Estate Photography (external link)500PX (external link)
Fine Art America (external link)

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Sep 14, 2017 19:54 |  #2

Do you already use the job field of your ITPC data? If not you could use that to list the agencies you've submitted the images to.

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

Dan ­ Marchant
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2011
Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.
Sep 15, 2017 04:24 |  #3

1. Create keywords for each agency (you can put them under a parent keyword "stock agencies" to keep things tidy). Untick the "Include on export" tick box.
2. Create smart collections for each agency that auto-populates based on those keywords.
3. Add the keywords to any image you publish to an agency.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

rgs
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2007
Oklahoma City
Sep 15, 2017 11:25 |  #4

Dan Marchant wrote in post #18452768 (external link)
1. Create keywords for each agency (you can put them under a parent keyword "stock agencies" to keep things tidy). Untick the "Include on export" tick box.
2. Create smart collections for each agency that auto-populates based on those keywords.
3. Add the keywords to any image you publish to an agency.

As close to the perfect solution as I can imagine. THANK YOU!!

Canon 7d MkII, Canon 50D, Pentax 67, Canon 30D, Baker Custom 4x5, Canon EF 24-104mm f4, Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC

The Singular Image (external link)Richard Smith Photography (external link)
Richard Smith Real Estate Photography (external link)500PX (external link)
Fine Art America (external link)

529 views & 2 likes for this thread
Tracking Stock Submissions
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.