Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 15 Sep 2017 (Friday) 16:10
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

6D Mark ii Lens Error

3Honu
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2006
Land of Fruit and Nuts
Sep 16, 2017 17:42 as a reply to post 18453786 |  #16

Good copy, thanks. I'll try it out and also test with another EOS camera.

"The greatest reward you can have as a leader is the look of respect. The key to a successful combat leader is to earn respect not because of rank, but because you are a man." - Major Dick Winters

sponsored links
DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
17,741 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Mar 2006
S.F. Bay Area
Sep 16, 2017 18:12 |  #17

what are the other settings on the camera? if it's say a problem with the aperture stopping down, and you were shooting wide open you wouldn't get the error for all the shots...but if you're stopped down it would happen...you could see if the aperture is stopping down by trying the DOF preview button

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)
my 366 for 2016 (external link)

3Honu
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2006
Land of Fruit and Nuts
Sep 16, 2017 19:54 as a reply to DreDaze's post |  #18

In an attempt to diagnose the problem I conducted some tests.

I could shoot any speed and aperture as long as I was under 35mm. Once I got above 35mm the Error 01 reared its ugly head. I believe earlier posters were correct about the ribbon problem. I'm going to take it to Canon next week. Keep you all updated.

"The greatest reward you can have as a leader is the look of respect. The key to a successful combat leader is to earn respect not because of rank, but because you are a man." - Major Dick Winters

3Honu
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2006
Land of Fruit and Nuts
Sep 22, 2017 12:05 |  #19

Tested with other EOS cameras and the problem persists. I dropped it off at Canon Service Center and they think it is the shutter blades. I'll get the full diagnosis in a few days

lowrider
759 posts
Joined Aug 2008
Tucson
Sep 22, 2017 14:23 |  #20

^^^^Shutter blades?

Lou

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
19,483 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined May 2012
U.S.A.
Sep 22, 2017 22:45 |  #21

lowrider wrote in post #18458037 (external link)
^^^^Shutter blades?

Lou

I think he meant aperture blades.

Mark

3Honu
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2006
Land of Fruit and Nuts
Sep 23, 2017 13:19 as a reply to rrblint's post |  #22

Hahaha. Yeah

Lenty007
Joined May 2006
Ghent, Belgium
Sep 26, 2017 04:26 |  #23

Hello there,

I'm afraid Left Handed Brisket is correct!
Had the same issue going from 5dIII to 5dIV and tried all tricks in the book but finally bought a new one = problem solved.

Good luck.

Greeting, Alain

3Honu
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Sep 2006
Land of Fruit and Nuts
Oct 01, 2017 10:51 |  #24

I just got the lens back from Canon. "Your product has been examined and it was found the lens assembly had been impacted causing an error to be displayed and damaged filter barrel. The lens power diaphragm assembly and filter barrel was replaced. Best focus/resolution and lens centering adjustments were carried out on the af assembly. Product functions were confirmed".

I put it on the body and cranked off a few shots in the living room and the problem was gone. The lens definitely physically works better. The lens barrel had become loose over the years and would move when just pointed to the ground. The movements are now nice and firm. I am very happy with Canon. I also must say the customer service I received at the front desk was awesome. Very friendly, relaxed and professional staff.

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
19,483 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined May 2012
U.S.A.
Oct 01, 2017 11:01 |  #25

Glad you got the problem sorted.:-)

Mark

sponsored links

19,743 views & 2 likes for this thread
6D Mark ii Lens Error
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.