Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk
Thread started 09 Aug 2017 (Wednesday) 14:39
Prev/next

Near-transparent fabric?

icor1031
Joined Jan 2015
Aug 09, 2017 14:39 |  #1

What's similar to a shower curtain that's mostly transparent (like a screendoor) but wouldn't look tacky due to being ... a shower curtain?

(2) Canon 6D || Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2 || Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 || Sigma 85mm f/1.4 || Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 || Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art || Canon 24mm f/2.8 || Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 || (2) Eg-S Focusing Screen
T3i || Elan 7n || Cotton Carrier || Streaklight 360 || i1display Pro || Colormunki Photo

OhLook
Spiderwoman
15,170 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Dec 2012
California: SF Bay Area
Aug 09, 2017 16:26 |  #2

A sheet of lightweight woven fabric made for gardeners to protect plants from frost OR whatever a fabric store has that meets your specs.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS FOR YOU: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.) | IMAGE EDITING OK

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Aug 10, 2017 11:33 |  #3

Sheer curtains from IKEA in the textiles section.

Or look for a Jo-Ann's coupon, head down there and wander the aisles till you see something good (or ask for help at the counter if they're not busy).

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

ready ­ to ­ snap
Joined Jan 2014
Aug 11, 2017 12:48 |  #4

For better assistance from the saleslady at Jo-Ann fabrics, make sure you inform her what is the purpose you are needing it for......or better yet bring her some examples of pictures your trying to create. :)

shortsleeves
70 posts
Joined Dec 2008
always in motion
Aug 11, 2017 14:13 as a reply to ready to snap's post |  #5

very true!! You'd be surprised!

I have been here for a while now, i don't lurk i just don't post alot. I have 2eyes 2ears and 1 mouth. My eyes and ears outweigh my mouth in life. Its just me...

icor1031
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jan 2015
Aug 11, 2017 16:10 |  #6

ready to snap wrote in post #18424987 (external link)
For better assistance from the saleslady at Jo-Ann fabrics, make sure you inform her what is the purpose you are needing it for......or better yet bring her some examples of pictures your trying to create. :)

LOL!........

(2) Canon 6D || Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2 || Zeiss Otus 85mm f/1.4 || Sigma 85mm f/1.4 || Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 || Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art || Canon 24mm f/2.8 || Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 || (2) Eg-S Focusing Screen
T3i || Elan 7n || Cotton Carrier || Streaklight 360 || i1display Pro || Colormunki Photo

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Post has been edited 2 months ago by Left Handed Brisket.
Sep 19, 2017 08:05 |  #7

keep an eye out for color shifts between fabrics that can sometimes amount to big differences ... optical brighteners ... fluorescence

http://www.chemistry-blog.com ...n-white-how-does-it-work/ (external link)

http://www.motherearth​living.com ...ptical-brighteners-bluing (external link)

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Mark_Cohran
Cream of the Crop
15,623 posts
Joined Jul 2002
Portland, Oregon
Nov 14, 2017 22:57 |  #8

icor1031 wrote in post #18425177 (external link)
LOL!........

icor1031 wrote in post #18425177 (external link)
LOL!........

Don't laugh too hard, I've actually done this.

Mark
-----
Some primes, some zooms, some Ls, some bodies and they all play nice together.
Forty years of shooting and still learning.
My Tumblr Site (external link) (NSFW)

1,134 views & 3 likes for this thread
Near-transparent fabric?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.