Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk
Thread started 02 Jun 2017 (Friday) 20:20
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Another Yellowstone / Grand Teton Kit Thread

kellyrmc
Joined Nov 2011
Tucson, AZ
Sep 19, 2017 15:59 as a reply to post 18453450 |  #16

Thanks, John. I did make it to those spots, but sadly, my weather was so bad those 2 days, I didn't get any good shots. It was so foggy, cloudy and grey, I did not even get to see the Tetons, grand or otherwise vmad Thankfully, my time at Yellowstone made up for it.
Kelly

Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EOS 40D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX | Canon Speedlite 580EX II

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,502 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Sep 19, 2017 17:17 |  #17

kellyrmc wrote in post #18456001 (external link)
Thanks, John. I did make it to those spots, but sadly, my weather was so bad those 2 days, I didn't get any good shots.
Kelly

In my experience weather is very iffy after late August. There are exceptions, Jackson and the GT's have great beauty around mid-September with the aspens in their golden splendor.

My favorite time for JH is July 4th. Wonderful activities...crowded yes but nothing like a crowded event in Philadelphia.

CEITam
THREAD ­ STARTER
Mostly Lurking
14 posts
Joined Sep 2016
Sep 20, 2017 01:00 as a reply to post 18455998 |  #18

It's interesting we had such different experiences. When we were there, the weather was (a little too) warm, but the sky was very hazy due to the many wildfires in Montana and the Pacific Northwest. It was all smoke! Grand Teton was a disappointment because we couldn't see much through the haze.

We did go to Lamar Valley, and generally traveled throughout Yellowstone. But we were traveling with little kids and some seniors, so did not get there in the early morning hours that would have been best to spot animals. But I don't think our experience was abnormal -- we talked to other folks throughout the trip and they reported the same thing, that there were very few animals. Some of the same people told us that on prior trips, there were plentiful animals. I guess it was just bad luck. Glad you had a great time in Yellowstone!

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV | Canon EF 11-24mm F4L USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM, EF 135mm f/2L USM, TS-E 24.0mm f/3.5 L II, EF 16-35 f/4 L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, EF 35mm F1.4L II USM, EF 40mm f/2.8 STM | Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT, Speedlite 420 EX

1,688 views & 11 likes for this thread
Another Yellowstone / Grand Teton Kit Thread
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.