Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers
Thread started 15 Sep 2017 (Friday) 00:11
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

What is your monitor profile look like after calibrated

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Sep 20, 2017 22:11 |  #16

rantercsr wrote in post #18456824 (external link)
Apologies if this is off topic...
When editing photos i always need to bring sauration down so that things look pretty pale.. so that when i export sturation wil look right... more so with skin tones.
If i dont do this and make things how i want it to look as a final product then when i export sometimes people look way too orange or red.

Does this issue have anything to do with monitor calibration?
Ive never color calibrated my monitor, purchased about 9 months ago.. though its supposed to be pretty decent in color accuracy

It's possible you have two things going against you. One would be an uncalibrated monitor, the other would be color space conversion. Depending on the conversion method selected the other colors in an image will be shifted to maintain their relationship with other colors that had to be pulled back into gamut. In Photoshop you can proof the image in the desired output color gamut to ensure nothing is oversaturated. You can use the gamut warning to selectively desaturate only the parts of an image that are otherwise out of gamut, which will keep your other colors from shifting when you export.

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

900 views & 0 likes for this thread
What is your monitor profile look like after calibrated
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.