Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch
Thread started 18 Sep 2017 (Monday) 15:55
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

LOL...ebay seller threatened to remove me as a buyer..by leaving a neg feedback...

TooManyShots
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Post has been edited 2 months ago by TooManyShots.
Sep 18, 2017 15:55 |  #1

LOLOLOLOL...wow.....I ordered some small items from this particular ebay seller (a power seller with a huge inventory). It arrived pretty quick but it was wrong items. I send them back the next day and they got them in 2 days, Friday. They are supposed to send me back the correct items. As of today, they haven't shipped them out yet. I was told they would get shipped out today. Heard nothing from them this morning. Emailed them again and was told I would have to wait until tomorrow. Now the price of these items have increased for $5 more since I last purchased them. They still have 8 in stocks.

I told them I would leave a negative feedback if they don't ship my items out today. I also ask them to refund me if they have no intentions to send me my correct items. Well, instead of shipping out what I have ordered last week the 8th, they decided to refund me.

Before they completed the refund process, I managed to leave a negative feedback. Once I have my refund, I could no longer leave a negative feedback. After I was done with the negative feedback, I got my refund officially. Then, I emailed them and telling them that they would rather refund me than shipping out what I have ordered it. The reason they told me was that it is against the ebay policy to to threaten the seller with a negative feedback when they are so deserving it. Instead, they would quickly refund the buyer. In this way, the buyer could no longer leave any feedback at all, as if the transaction has never taken place. And they told me they could remove me as a buyer. LOL LOL...

Anyway, I managed to order the same items from Amazon. Anyone know how fast is their Free Shipping? The purchase price was over $25 and I got free shipping.

One Imaging Photographyexternal link and my Flickrexternal link
Facebookexternal link

sponsored links
stevecan
Joined Apr 2013
The sunny south
Sep 19, 2017 16:35 |  #2

My experience with Amazon (personal opinion here, not certifiable fact) in the past year or so, is that they are so interested in selling everyone on the Prime membership, that they intentionally hold items until the furthest extent that meets the end of their shipping range listed.

I have shopped with them for years and used to get packages from them within 2-3 days with free shipping. Now it takes 5-7 days, the first 3 days of which they don't even ship it, then they finally ship and I get within 2-3 days, even though in the last year or two, Amazon has moved multiple fulfillment centers into my state, where they previously had no presence.

Gear: Canon 60D, 70-200mm F4L USM, 50mm MkII F1.8, 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM, Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary, Vanguard Alta Pro 264AT tripod, Vanguard SBS-100 head.
My Flickr photostream http://www.flickr.com/​photos/109443493@N02/ (external link)

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Sep 19, 2017 16:50 |  #3

stevecan wrote in post #18456024 (external link)
My experience with Amazon (personal opinion here, not certifiable fact) in the past year or so, is that they are so interested in selling everyone on the Prime membership, that they intentionally hold items until the furthest extent that meets the end of their shipping range listed.

I have shopped with them for years and used to get packages from them within 2-3 days with free shipping. Now it takes 5-7 days, the first 3 days of which they don't even ship it, then they finally ship and I get within 2-3 days, even though in the last year or two, Amazon has moved multiple fulfillment centers into my state, where they previously had no presence.

Yeah...I got wind of that free shipping.....:) I ended up cancelling that transaction and to re order with another vendor paying for standard shipping, $5. It should get here by Sat the earliest. Supposedly with the free shipping, it won't even get shipped out until next week........

Facebookexternal link

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,458 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Post has been edited 2 months ago by John from PA.
Sep 20, 2017 07:28 |  #4

TooManyShots wrote in post #18455138 (external link)
Anyway, I managed to order the same items from Amazon. Anyone know how fast is their Free Shipping? The purchase price was over $25 and I got free shipping.

As "stevecan" stated, Amazon says 5 to 7 days. I doubt they intentionally hold shipments to encourage "prime" membership. I could see that they devote the early part of a week to prime member purchases. I had read in some business journal that 75% of the orders placed on a weekend are by prime members. So as a business you take care of those that pay the extra $99 (I think that is what prime costs) for the membership.

On a multiple item purchase, if you check the option to minimize the number of shipments then you may be at the outside of that 5 to 7 day range since Amazon may have to acquire some items from more than one distribution center. Certainly you have to consider your needs when you make a purchase.

I personally like Amazon and their policies. They are very easy to deal with on problems and typically you get resolution within hours. Tough to beat for a large company.

saea501
... spilled over a little on the panties
Joined Jan 2010
Florida
Post has been edited 2 months ago by saea501.
Sep 20, 2017 08:53 as a reply to John from PA's post |  #5

Amazon is a great company to deal with and I have always had good experiences with them.

However, I agree with Steve in the belief that they delay shipping orders placed with free shipping. I've made many purchases over the years and if I use the free shipping, the orders takes a great deal of time to ship, usually 4 or 5 days. If I place the order and pay the shipping the order is usually shipped within 1 to 2 days. Heck, I had one paid shipping order shipped the same day it was placed.

I don't believe this has anything to do with this Prime thing they push so hard as my experiences stem from before there was a Prime.

Remember what the DorMouse said.....feed your head.
Bob

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
Joined Jun 2011
The Uwharrie Mts, NC
Post has been edited 2 months ago by Left Handed Brisket.
Sep 20, 2017 08:58 |  #6

stevecan wrote in post #18456024 (external link)

yup.

i do everything possible to avoid buying from the walmart of the internet. It has probably been a couple of years since placing an order from Amazon.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Formerly he's gone before apostrophe-gate | Not in gear database: Canon 70-210 3.5-4.5, Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 2x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

stevecan
Joined Apr 2013
The sunny south
Sep 20, 2017 09:31 |  #7

Don't misunderstand me, I still like shopping with them, have their credit card, and use them often, but I have shopped with them long enough to see the pattern emerge. If I order from a vendor through Amazon, the product is delivered in regular time (no delay in shipping, assuming good vendor). If I order from them directly (not fulfilled by, which requires vendor coordination) there WILL BE a 2-3 day wait before they ship in my experience. All this, while adding two fulfillment centers within 1 hour of my house. These distribution centers didn't exist when I was getting packages in 2-3 days from Amazon previously, from all over the country.

I fully believe this is a marketing scheme to force me (and I won't do it) to join Prime. Makes no sense to me to pay a vendor $100 to allow me the "privilege" of spending my hard earned money with them. If I wanted their other included services, it might make more sense, but I don't need Music/Movies, etc that they offer.

Gear: Canon 60D, 70-200mm F4L USM, 50mm MkII F1.8, 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM, Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary, Vanguard Alta Pro 264AT tripod, Vanguard SBS-100 head.
My Flickr photostream http://www.flickr.com/​photos/109443493@N02/ (external link)

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,240 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been last edited 2 months ago by TeamSpeed. 3 edits done in total.
Sep 20, 2017 09:39 |  #8

Technically the seller is correct, they can report you as being extortionate with feedback. However, yes, your transaction wasn't yet completed, so you did have the right to do that. In the future, don't threaten them. If they don't do what they say they would, simply leave your negative feedback. No threats needed. You can alter your feedback afterwards, if they make good.

Regarding Amazon prime, I love it. I gain access to free music and movies as well as part of the prime program. Amazon customer service is excellent as well.

The only time Amazon is a pain is when you are a seller. You basically have to take any return or complaint from buyer seriously and will most likely end up refunding them. I have sold things where I CLEARLY stated what they were getting, and even the product listing under which I listed my used item stated things, and the customer buys it, only later wanting to return it because there is something missing or they misread the listing. This happened twice, once with a weed trimmer that didn't include its battery and once with a Kindle 2. Their expectations were at fault in both situations.

Amazon is more buyer-protective than seller-protective, and this is why they have been so successful. The number of purchases compared to listed items is greatly slanted toward a buyer-centric service program.

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

Talley
Talley Whacker
10,126 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Dec 2011
Houston
Sep 20, 2017 10:26 |  #9

Amazon has worry free returns process. I've had really enjoyable experience with amazon prime. My only complaint is they rotate the pricing around a bunch. One day X item is 15 and the next day it's 18 then back to 15 then up to 20 then back to 15.... It's a pattern I've seen.

Seems like they have some kind of automated price adjustment tool that as items are inquired gets a bump in price then when not they drop. I wouldn't doubt it.

5D4 |12mm 2.8 FE | 16-35L 2.8 III | Σ 35A | Σ 50A | Σ 85A | 200 F2 IS | 1.4xIII
X-T20 | X-E3 | 18/2 | 35/1.4 | 56/1.2 | 18-135
My Gear Archive

TooManyShots
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
10,026 posts
Joined Jan 2008
NYC
Sep 20, 2017 10:48 |  #10

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18456482 (external link)
Technically the seller is correct, they can report you as being extortionate with feedback. However, yes, your transaction wasn't yet completed, so you did have the right to do that. In the future, don't threaten them. If they don't do what they say they would, simply leave your negative feedback. No threats needed. You can alter your feedback afterwards, if they make good.

Regarding Amazon prime, I love it. I gain access to free music and movies as well as part of the prime program. Amazon customer service is excellent as well.

The only time Amazon is a pain is when you are a seller. You basically have to take any return or complaint from buyer seriously and will most likely end up refunding them. I have sold things where I CLEARLY stated what they were getting, and even the product listing under which I listed my used item stated things, and the customer buys it, only later wanting to return it because there is something missing or they misread the listing. This happened twice, once with a weed trimmer that didn't include its battery and once with a Kindle 2. Their expectations were at fault in both situations.

Amazon is more buyer-protective than seller-protective, and this is why they have been so successful. The number of purchases compared to listed items is greatly slanted toward a buyer-centric service program.

About the leaving a negative feedback to an ebay seller........apparent​ly, it is not always possible to leave a negative feedback once the transaction has been cancelled or refunded. I noticed this in the past but I wasn't threatened by the sellers. :) Didn't feel the need to leave a negative feedback. So, when I got my refund, I just moved on. With this one? I wanted to. Glad I did it before he finished the refund process. Supposedly, the refunded transaction won't be listed in your list once the transaction has been cancelled. So, to leave a negative feedback once the refund process is completed, you have to go to the original listing. Click on Order Details. Click on Additional Actions. Then, you can see the Leave Feedback option. Apparently, this issue is well known. Certain sellers are exploiting this glitch to prevent unhappy buyers from leaving a negative feedback. One can google it. You have to dig around to leave a negative feedback once the seller has refunded you.

Now, you can leave one before the refund is completed. The seller may stall the refund process but ebay would refund you regardless..it may take several days...

Facebookexternal link

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,240 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been last edited 2 months ago by TeamSpeed. 6 edits done in total.
Sep 20, 2017 12:14 |  #11

If a seller refunds your money, the only negatives that should be valid would be that the customer service took an undue amount of time to manage the issue and refund. I don't think a negative should be allowed simply because a person paid for something, but then they weren't able to fill the order, so they refunded it.

My point is that after the seller says they are going to do something, and time elapses where they don't follow through, then immediately file the negative. It doesn't really hurt you as they already demonstrated they aren't interested in customer service. If they refund, then you can edit the negative to something less so.

As a seller, it is ALWAYS safer to just refund an order than to try to go down the road of placating the customer with delays or replacement shipments, etc. A refund back completely stops any further financial risk to the seller. Won't make all buyers happy, but that is the way it is. For as long as there are scammers out there trying to get something for nothing, that is the minefield sellers walk. Amazon, with their A-Z policy, makes that about the only option you as a seller have really.

I sell on Ebay and Amazon, FredMiranda, and here. I have a perfect record (ie. positive), but that takes alot of work, and I have had financial implications because of the policies by the 3rd party providers.

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

moose10101
registered smartass
1,567 posts
Joined May 2010
Maryland, USA
Post has been edited 2 months ago by moose10101.
Sep 23, 2017 12:21 |  #12

TeamSpeed wrote in post #18456593 (external link)
I don't think a negative should be allowed simply because a person paid for something, but then they weren't able to fill the order, so they refunded it.

A seller who can't deliver has wasted the buyer's time, tied up their money, and possibly cost them an opportunity to buy from someone else. If you can't deliver, don't list it for sale. A neg is absolutely appropriate.

Also, eBay considers an "out of stock" cancellation to be one of the worst things a seller can do. It only takes a few for a low-volume seller to be permanently banned.

Furlan
625 posts
Joined Nov 2012
Sep 23, 2017 18:35 |  #13

In the situation described the seller can have the negative feed back removed if they desire to do so. Also no problem to have
you banned from bidding on his site no reason need be given.

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
Joined Feb 2013
Florida
Sep 23, 2017 18:53 |  #14

Amazon is no saint. I've been fairly disappointed with their warehouse deals the past few years. I used to shop the warehouse and get used/returns for cheap--with a return policy! Now, I almost don't bother, as they're pricing their used/returns nearly the same as a new one, plus sales tax often now (ugh), and they're mixing in tons and tons of 3rd party vendors. It used to be rare to see a third party vendor in the prime category. Now, you get 3rd party in prime all the time and its definitely NOT a 2 day guarantee that's for sure, as others have mentioned. You have to read the fine print, and read the dates, locations, etc carefully. I do not bother if its not from the Amazon warehouse. And now with next day delivery on some things, it's getting interesting (they gotta compete since other online retailers are doing free 2 day shipping too now).

I've always been pleased with the membership ($50 if you use an .edu address) to get constant 2 day shipping on everything basically, streaming (which I use, my kid loves the cartoons and stuff on there, and my wife watches a few shows) along with other services they offer (hosting, cloud, music, etc). We use it for the subscription service which is part of it, and we get 35% off our bill with our subscription list making it cheaper than Walmart and shipped to my door. That alone is worth it to us.

I have had to use the feedback system to get things done with a 3rd party. I've never had to do this with Amazon items. I can return anything I want no questions asked and they pay for it. That is why I'm still a member frankly. But if you dabble into 3rd party vendors, it's a gamble. I bought a simple cheap lens collar from a 3rd party on Amazon from China. It showed up not even tapped so it was useless! I contacted the company and they asked me to ship it back to them, which I declined, as the shipping was more than the item was worth. They said that's my problem. So I hosed them with feedback and detailed with screen shots how they responded to me with their quality control issues. I was then contacted off Amazon via my email by someone higher up in the vendor's ladder, and they said they were shipping me a new item, free of charge, keep the bad one, and if that was satisfactory, if I would remove my negative feedback. I replied that if they make it right, then yes, I'll remove the feedback. It worked out and they made it right. But, that kind of experience is not what I want again. That said, without the big feedback system, I would have been SOL had I done that via ebay or somewhere else without a buyer protection, paypal, or something else. Amazon certainly makes things easier in that regard.

Nothing I'd "LOL" over.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

sponsored links

1,034 views & 2 likes for this thread
LOL...ebay seller threatened to remove me as a buyer..by leaving a neg feedback...
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.