Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 23 Sep 2017 (Saturday) 20:18
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Best body harness; BlackRapid or...?

GESWhoPhoto
43 posts
Joined Sep 2017
St. Augustine, FL; USA
Sep 23, 2017 20:18 |  #1

What's your favorite dual-camera body harness system?

V/r, Garrett
Current Equipment:
- Nikon D750 | Nikon D3400 | Nikon MB-D16 | Nikon SB-700 | Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 Di VC USD | Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 VR | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 | Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 DX | Nikkor 18-55mm kit | Nikkor 70-300mm kit |

Pigpen101
Joined Mar 2017
Sep 23, 2017 20:54 |  #2

Honestly, I have spent a good deal of money on 3 or 4 different set ups and I'm not comfortable with any. I do a lot of running with my gear and all the bouncing makes me nervous. I was covering a college football game and my buddy standing next to me had his 7D w/ 70-200mm attached to one and it fell and needed to go to Canon. Now, even he said he thought it failed only because it worked loose while running up and down the sidelines. Another photog that has been doing this a very long time has told me he buys the cheap ones off EBAY and then makes them more robust by doing things such as reinforcing the stitching in some places.

I think most would do for largely stationary photography.

filmuser
Joined Jul 2016
Post has been edited 2 months ago by filmuser.
Sep 24, 2017 07:15 |  #3

I have the full Cotton Carrier system.It works. They have a vid showing a guy doing flips on a tramp with a camera and 200mm lens in a chest mount.
https://youtu.be/-srLbzICpXU (external link).

katodog
Goldmember
4,040 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008
Carol Stream, Illinois
Sep 24, 2017 07:47 |  #4

Cotton Carrier. While "best" is subjective, I can say that after all of the years I've used the Cotton Carrier it's never failed me. In my opinion it is the single best option out there.

The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked - Photographers shoot to thrill, not to kill
My Gear- Flickr (external link) - Facebook (external link) - Smoke Photography - - Sound-Activated Paint

GESWhoPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
43 posts
Joined Sep 2017
St. Augustine, FL; USA
Oct 02, 2017 16:09 |  #5

Thanks for the feedback, all! I sincerely appreciate it! I ended up ordering a "new" BlackRapid RSD-1BB off eBay. The guy says he ordered it and never used it, so you never know if it's actually very lightly used or whatnot. But hey, for $60, I'll take the risk! :-P

V/r, Garrett
Current Equipment:
- Nikon D750 | Nikon D3400 | Nikon MB-D16 | Nikon SB-700 | Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 Di VC USD | Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 VR | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 | Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 DX | Nikkor 18-55mm kit | Nikkor 70-300mm kit |

500 views & 5 likes for this thread
Best body harness; BlackRapid or...?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.