Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing
Thread started 10 Sep 2013 (Tuesday) 04:00
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Post Processing Game

Butts
I coulda shoulda woulda
233 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Australia
Sep 22, 2017 05:34 |  #2476

Robinson, you made me go back and revisit my attempt.
Changed my crop.
Same as previously, straighten horizon, remove "DUST SPOT", tonal contrast, adjustment blah blah etc.
Cloned people, house, fences.....
Added frame, removed colour cast, went for muted colours.
All done in CS5 and NIK (Sorry keep forgetting to mention this.).

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

sponsored links
Robinson ­ Crusoe
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2011
Turkey
Post has been edited 26 days ago by Robinson Crusoe.
Sep 22, 2017 05:52 as a reply to Butts's post |  #2477

Thanks for the warm welcome. And great job! I really like that bw!

Gear List | Deviantart (external link) | Flickr (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
19,016 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined May 2012
U.S.A.
Sep 22, 2017 22:42 |  #2478

Affinity Photo: Crop, adjust contrast, highlights and shadows, slight sharpening, add girl.

HOSTED PHOTO

Mark

Stiga
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Sep 25, 2017 05:29 |  #2479

Tonemap with SNS-HDR > Photoshop > Crop and extend sky upwards with Content Aware Fill > Levels > boost Saturation.

HOSTED PHOTO

Martin
I'm not a gear guy but I have a tons of software :-)

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,705 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Sep 27, 2017 11:04 |  #2480

A lot of great edits as usual this week. I almost hate to win one of these challenges because that means I have to judge the next one. :)

That being said, I really like DagoImaging's dreamy edit, Robinson Crusoe's crop, and Rrblint's giant woman ;)

For this week, I'm going with DagoImaging's edit as the winner and Robinson Crusoe as the runner-up. Congrats to everyone who participated and I look forward to the next challenge.

Oh, here's what I came up with for my edit...and I even removed the dust spot. :lol:

HOSTED PHOTO

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

DagoImaging
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2012
Sep 27, 2017 13:18 |  #2481

Thanks.
The link is to a zip file of 5 images of Tahquamanon falls. I don't think I've put this one up before so lets give it a go.

https://www.dropbox.co​m ...Munising_June2016.7​z?dl=0 (external link)

Sony a6300/ 16-70/4 / 70-200/4 G / Sony HVL-60M

Butts
I coulda shoulda woulda
233 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Australia
Post has been edited 20 days ago by Butts.
Sep 27, 2017 21:57 |  #2482

navydoc wrote in post #18461444 (external link)
A lot of great edits as usual this week. I almost hate to win one of these challenges because that means I have to judge the next one. :)

That being said, I really like DagoImaging's dreamy edit, Robinson Crusoe's crop, and Rrblint's giant woman ;)

For this week, I'm going with DagoImaging's edit as the winner and Robinson Crusoe as the runner-up. Congrats to everyone who participated and I look forward to the next challenge.

Oh, here's what I came up with for my edit...and I even removed the dust spot. :lol:

thumbnailHosted photo: posted by navydoc in
./showthread.php?p=184​61444&i=i123886588
forum: RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Congrats Dago and Robinson Crusoe!

Navydoc, thanks for the image.

Benitoite
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Morgan Hill, CA
Post has been edited 20 days ago by Benitoite.
Sep 28, 2017 00:54 |  #2483

dcraw => LuminanceHDR => Gimp => RawTherapee

HOSTED PHOTO

medd63
Joined Feb 2014
Michigan
Sep 28, 2017 16:25 |  #2484

I live in Michigan-where the featured waterfall is located. Taquamanon is the second largest fall east of the Mississippi. But there are tons of bigger falls West of the Mississippi.

6D, T4i, 16-35mm f/4L, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, 50mm f/1.4, EF-S 55-250, MeFoto Globetrotter & Roadtrip tripods, Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,705 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Sep 28, 2017 19:53 |  #2485

I'm sitting this one out but I thought I'd share an experiment I tried. First, I wanted to test the ghost removal in ACR's "Merge to HDR" feature so I used all of the exposures available, even though they weren't really needed. After the merge, I used Topaz Simplify to knock down the specular highlights that made the image too busy to my mind.

Next, I didn't like the red water so I used a hue/saturation adjustment layer and reduced the saturation on the reds and yellows at the falls. For the heck of it, I next used "Select Color Range" to select the water and on a new layer (in soft light blend mode) filled the selection with a light blue color. A levels adjustment layer and some masks helped me blend the watercolor in better. Finally, I added the white border and the "Wishing you were here!" text to give it a bit of a postcard look.

HOSTED PHOTO

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

medd63
Joined Feb 2014
Michigan
Sep 30, 2017 21:53 as a reply to navydoc's post |  #2486

Very well done, Navydoc. But I can tell you from first hand experience that the original colors are accurate (the red/yellow). The tannins in the leaves turn the water that color. It's one of the defining characteristics of Taquamanon Falls.

6D, T4i, 16-35mm f/4L, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, 50mm f/1.4, EF-S 55-250, MeFoto Globetrotter & Roadtrip tripods, Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,705 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Sep 30, 2017 22:41 |  #2487

medd63 wrote in post #18463690 (external link)
Very well done, Navydoc. But I can tell you from first hand experience that the original colors are accurate (the red/yellow). The tannins in the leaves turn the water that color. It's one of the defining characteristics of Taquamanon Falls.

Thanks for the details on the water color. I've never been there so I assumed the colors were caused by recent rains causing a muddy color to the falls.

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
19,016 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined May 2012
U.S.A.
Sep 30, 2017 23:05 |  #2488

Two versions both Affinity Photo HDRs:

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Mark

Stiga
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Post has been edited 16 days ago by Stiga.
Oct 01, 2017 06:26 |  #2489

Apart from a small amount of hipass sharpening and resizing, there was no PP in the following images

SNS-HDR 2

[ATTACH]A[/ATTACH]

And, for comparison:

Aurora HDR 2018 - Landscape Enhanced preset

[ATTACH]B[/ATTACH]

Aurora HDR 2018 - Terry Ratcliff's Epic Vodka party preset!

IMAGE: http://i.cubeupload.com/a4Nsyo.jpg

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Martin
I'm not a gear guy but I have a tons of software :-)

Robinson ­ Crusoe
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2011
Turkey
Oct 02, 2017 07:42 |  #2490

Can't stop cropping :-P

HOSTED PHOTO

Gear List | Deviantart (external link) | Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

347,428 views & 1984 likes for this thread
Post Processing Game
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.