Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras
Thread started 22 Sep 2017 (Friday) 16:00
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Tethered shooting

Osa713
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Sep 22, 2017 16:00 |  #1

Anyone use the X- Aquire plugin for LR yet? Thinking to dl and play around with it before a food shoot with a chef next week.
This way the chef can watch my MacBook to see the images as I shoot, I am hoping it will work like the link in this video. I Know its not fast but I am hoping it will work for what I need.

sponsored links
Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2014
Ireland
Sep 25, 2017 03:11 |  #2

I've tested it out on the X-T1 and it works fine, you have to set up a watch folder in Lr and for that to happen you'll need one image in there [don't ask] but once that is done you are good to go, just have a play about with how you want the images to pop up on the computer, A>Z, full screen etc...

For speed set your camera to JPEG F Medium and transfer the JPEG files only to the computer. The raws you can keep on the SD and import them later. If you end up picking on with the chef on the fly there is a plugin that will copy your settings, like flag colour or star rating, from the JPEGs to the matching raw files in Lr for you so no time spent fretting over that.

Looks like I'll be back tethering soon, with my X-PRO2, when the next update arrives, proof that if you grump enough Fuji will listen :)

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T1, X-E2 | 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 10-24/4. AD600BM, TT865F, AL-H198, ThinkTank AS2, Peli1514, Ona Bowery, Matthews Grip
flickr (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)

Osa713
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Sep 25, 2017 07:41 as a reply to Two Hot Shoes's post |  #3

Awesome, thank you for the reply!

Osa713
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Sep 25, 2017 10:40 |  #4

Kim do you use the X acquire software along with the adobe pro plugin or do you use just the adobe pro plugin?

Do not reply to spam, report it!

Two ­ Hot ­ Shoes
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2014
Ireland
Sep 25, 2017 10:46 as a reply to Osa713's post |  #5

Just the X-Accuire app, works fine for me. I never have had a need to have the computer act as the control for my camera, but a native plugin would probably work best and be quickest. Try the free X-Accuire and see how you get along, there are a couple of more steps involved but that is hardly a problem. If i was shooting a lot tethered I pony up for the $79 pro version.

Fuji: X-PRO2, X-T1, X-E2 | 16/1.4, 18/2, 23/1.4, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 90/2, 16-55/2.8, 10-24/4. AD600BM, TT865F, AL-H198, ThinkTank AS2, Peli1514, Ona Bowery, Matthews Grip
flickr (external link)Instagram (external link)Blog (external link)

Osa713
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Sep 25, 2017 18:34 |  #6

Downloaded X Aquire and after setting up the quirky auto import settings it works fine for a tethered shoot here and there. If I shot tethered a lot I would purchase the pro plugin.

Osa713
THREAD ­ STARTER
Joined Jun 2011
Houston, TX
Post has been edited 22 days ago by Osa713.
Sep 27, 2017 23:46 |  #7

Shoot went very well today, there was a 5-7 second delay even with transferring the smaller files. I tested it at home and it seemed quicker but of course in the field it seemed slower as the talent, manager, videographer and assistant were watching my screen.

In the end my client was happy and did not mind the transfer speed. For my next tethered shoot I do need to figure out a faster option.

Do not reply to spam, report it!

sponsored links

347 views & 3 likes for this thread
Tethered shooting
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.