Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 26 Sep 2017 (Tuesday) 03:55
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

EOS M6 new user

Lukeyson
Mostly Lurking
13 posts
Joined Apr 2008
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Sep 26, 2017 03:55 |  #1

Hi there, today i received my imported M6. Loving it so far, but as it came from Hong Kong when i try to use the 'update web service' feature. Canon sends me an email to login to some canon site, but its not in english and no option to change it to english. I have changed the region to match my location. Is there something else i need to do to change it? or is that what i get for not buying a locally sourced camera ?? :p

2 x Canon EOS 5D Mk3
Canon EOS M6

TreeburnerCT
Joined Dec 2016
Stratford, CT, USA
Sep 28, 2017 23:16 |  #2

Lukeyson, I don't have the M6 yet but I also picked up an import off eBay for cheap. I'm not familiar with the feature you're referring to, are you trying to use a bundled CD? You should be able to download any necessary firmware updates and software from the Canon website in the appropriate language, you just won't qualify for warranty service or free storage through Canon's Image Gateway.

-Joe

RapidPhotoCT.com (external link) | RapidPhotoCT Facebook (external link) | RapidPhotoCT Instagram (external link)

2,081 views & 0 likes for this thread
EOS M6 new user
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.