Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 15 Sep 2017 (Friday) 05:55
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

iPhone X

filmuser
Joined Jul 2016
Sep 16, 2017 11:45 as a reply to post 18452902 |  #16

Nope, not a failure. Several people had played with phone just before presentation and phone gave up trying to figure out proper owner and asked for pin number. Just did what it was designed to do.

sponsored links
welshwizard1971
Goldmember
1,196 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Southampton Hampshire UK
Sep 16, 2017 11:50 |  #17

Said the hastily put together press release issued immediately after the main event :)

5DIII, 40D, 16-35L 35 ART 50 ART 100L macro, 24-70 L Mk2, 135L 200L 70-200L f4 IS
Hype chimping - The act of looking at your screen after every shot, then wildly behaving like it's the best picture in the world, to try and impress other photographers around you.

gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
53,034 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Sep 16, 2017 11:57 |  #18

filmuser wrote in post #18453585 (external link)
Nope, not a failure. Several people had played with phone just before presentation and phone gave up trying to figure out proper owner and asked for pin number. Just did what it was designed to do.

The reason is irrelevant. You are standing on stage and going to brag to the world that you too finally have facial recognition and it's better than those out there already and what happens, total fail. Blame who ever you want, people back stage, gremlins, sun spots or whatever. A fail is a fail.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

Ian ­ Mackie
"I'm not welcome. I look foward to her admonishment"
Joined May 2013
From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"
Sep 16, 2017 12:07 as a reply to gjl711's post |  #19

Send me a free one and I'll trial it and give feedback ........... certainly not going to pay £1k (UK price!)

flickr (external link)

filmuser
Joined Jul 2016
Sep 16, 2017 13:02 as a reply to gjl711's post |  #20

So you want a phone that everyone can unlock?

gjl711
They have pills for that now you know.
53,034 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Deep in the heart of Texas
Sep 16, 2017 13:22 |  #21

filmuser wrote in post #18453636 (external link)
So you want a phone that everyone can unlock?

You've never heard of a scapegoat? Yea, the phone didn't fail, an alien farted in Montana.. Yea.. That's what happened (external link). :):):)

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
Joined Feb 2013
Florida
Sep 16, 2017 14:21 |  #22

Talley wrote in post #18453076 (external link)
but the price per month cost of owning the phone is low vs what some people pay for TV service alone!!! For the record... I can watch TV on my phone :)

Ugh, this.

I don't mind paying for our phone service. We do not have TV service at all. Just internet. So we stream through phones and my wifi router.

I'm floored when I find out what people are paying for cable/satellite to watch... what I watch too.

But, don't need an iPhone X for that. A $100 android does virtually 99% of what's needed. I too am bound by communications for my work, but it's 100% calls & texts, the rest is web site use and doesn't require a phone, but a phone with a web browser can do the job too.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

Raww69
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Sep 2017
Sep 29, 2017 05:05 |  #23

Interesting! X price ever. LOL. iPhone is everywhere X.X

sponsored links

1,254 views & 7 likes for this thread
iPhone X
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.