Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions
Thread started 05 Jul 2015 (Sunday) 20:46
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Before and After - The Weekly Editing Challenge

Bianchi
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2010
USA
Post has been last edited 19 days ago by Bianchi. 3 edits done in total.
Sep 28, 2017 19:15 |  #1741

Cormac wrote in post #18461673 (external link)
I think i have blinkies enabled. But dont pay them much attention tbh. Ive not had much luck with bracket shots. Ive done them, but after merging LR makes all kinds of adjustment on its own

You can always change the adjustments made by the merge by just pressing alt and each panel will change from... for example Tone to Reset Tone.
Just click on Reset Tone and all the sliders will go back to 0 .. Then you can adjust the merge the way you wish ....Hope that helps.

My Gear flickrexternal link

sponsored links
Cormac
Joined Jan 2014
Indiana
Sep 28, 2017 19:17 |  #1742

Bianchi wrote in post #18462431 (external link)
Aurora 2018 just released today finally for Windows as well as Mac... The nice thing about it they say an update to follow in Oct for ability to create Luminosity Masks.

I know I said I won't spend more money on editing apps. But that one is tempting!

I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather.
Not screaming, terrified, like his passengers.

roseyposey
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2011
Hastings, New Zealand
Sep 30, 2017 00:30 |  #1743

Bianchi wrote in post #18461355 (external link)
Rosey, here's a link to many U Tube videos on how to use Gradient tool in Light Room :-)

https://www.youtube.co​m ...adient+tool+in+ligh​troom+ (external link)

Just been looking at these - they're great! Thanks, next day off I must have a try .....

Canon EOS 70D: added a Canon M5: A mixture of Canon, Sigma, Tamron and Tokina prime and zoom lenses, a Samyang fisheye, and just for fun a couple of Helios 44-2 58m..
Rose
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/rose_mcgillicud​dy/ (external link)
"Dance among the moonbeams, feel the magic in the air."

Cormac
Joined Jan 2014
Indiana
Post has been edited 16 days ago by Cormac.
Oct 01, 2017 16:10 |  #1744

It's sunday. End of week and end of challenge.

First off I gotta say, great edits everyone. Well everyone who did straighten the horizon that is.
Anyway, this weeks winner Chet. Great thoughts with the ship and fog. Has a very "goonies" feel to me, which I loved as a kid. Well done sir!

I liked NavyDoc's edit except for the bird. Musta been real windy for that bird to just hover motionless for 30 seconds...Regardless that's the one that gets runner up for fixing the halo.

Chet
For $20, I'll be your friend.
41,456 posts
Gallery: 79 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Oct 02, 2017 10:29 |  #1745

Thanks for the win. I was going to run out during lunch and find something to take a picture of, but I'll turn this one over to Gene. I think he has something real nice to keep the game flowing smoothly. I have a shoot at a firehouse tonight, maybe I'll take a couple non people shots so I have something available for next time. :-)

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,706 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Oct 02, 2017 11:12 |  #1746

Congrats on your win Chet. Hopefully, you'll have some raw files to submit for any future wins you might get.

I'm not much of a landscape shooter myself so I don't have many interesting photos to offer up for editing either. However, I do have this shot of the Mormon Temple in St. George, UT. from a visit there in 2014. Since I'm "It" now, here's my submission:

...now compiled into a single, easy to locate thread, that can be added to your subscribe/follow list!

Rules are simple:

• Download the image file from the current week

• Contestants will have 7 days to edit the image and post their edited version to the thread (1 entry per week)

• The owner of the original image will choose a winner

• The winner will copy & paste this post and include a new downloadable image link

The new image must be unedited / SOOC (straight our of camera), full-resolution, and in a RAW format, ie. CR2, DNG, TIF, etc (Dropbox works well for uploading and linking these large files) The purpose of this game is to be creative and learn new editing techniques. You must give some insight into exactly how you went about editing the image. For example, increased shadows sliders, reduced highlights, local sharpening, white balance adjustment, specific filters used, tone curve adjustments, etc. Comments and/or questions regarding the edits are encouraged.

http://www.ussoriskany​.us/images/game/DSC021​61.dng (external link)

Here is the image SOOC:

IMAGE: http://www.ussoriskany.us/images/game/Temple.jpg

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

Benitoite
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Morgan Hill, CA
Oct 02, 2017 14:49 |  #1747

RawTherapee 5.3

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Cormac
Joined Jan 2014
Indiana
Post has been last edited 15 days ago by Cormac. 2 edits done in total.
Oct 02, 2017 17:12 |  #1748

2 edits in LR one for the building and one for the sky. First i cropped and created a virtual copy in LR.

building: dropped highlights, adjusted whites, bumped clarity about 50% and dropped exposure by a full stop also applied lens correction

Sky: converted to B&W, dropped hightlights and shadows all the way bumped clarity and contrast all the way up, lowered a half stop exposure and applied lens correction.

Next over to PS to combine the 2 images. Added rain and lightning. Somewhere along the line I removed the flag pole.

HOSTED PHOTO

Pebal
Joined Jun 2010
Oct 02, 2017 20:56 as a reply to navydoc's post |  #1749

Processed in the SNS-HDR Pro and CNX.

HOSTED PHOTO

Mozes
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2012
Holland
Oct 03, 2017 14:25 |  #1750

color and white balance corrected.
and just playing with the sliders. and some painting

IMAGE: https://s26.postimg.org/oyjle1kll/DSC02161_copy.jpg

*Nikon D3s * Nikon D7100 * 18-105mm kitlens * Tamron AF SP 90 mm f/2.8 VC USD Macro * Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 SP Di VC USD *
Sportplaatje (external link) I flickriver (external link)

FFFCFF
Joined Dec 2016
Warsaw/Poland
Oct 03, 2017 14:56 |  #1751

HOSTED PHOTO
LR adjasting and PS perspective correction

Still learning English. Sorry for language bugs.

Chet
For $20, I'll be your friend.
41,456 posts
Gallery: 79 photos
Joined Sep 2007
Post has been edited 14 days ago by Chet.
Oct 03, 2017 15:28 |  #1752

Correct perspective in Paint Shop Pro. Adjust wb, highlights and shadows, crop and center, add gradient background and sharpen in LR. Add a couple NIK Color Efex Pro filters and frame. Finish with slight vignette in LR and export.

IMAGE: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-7XzZQb7/0/49cccf94/X2/i-7XzZQb7-X2.jpg

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
19,019 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined May 2012
U.S.A.
Oct 06, 2017 21:47 |  #1753

DXO Pro Optics for perspective correction => Affinity Photo to adjust contrast and vibrancy and add the cloud texture.

HOSTED PHOTO

Mark

cfdesigns
Joined Apr 2017
Post has been edited 10 days ago by cfdesigns.
Oct 07, 2017 11:45 |  #1754

Adjusted highlights and shadows using curves adjustment. Fixed perspective added rainbow using gradient and blending into the clouds. Second picture I inverted the rainbow so it was going the right way.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Benitoite
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Morgan Hill, CA
Oct 07, 2017 14:35 |  #1755

cfdesigns wrote in post #18467872 (external link)
Adjusted highlights and shadows using curves adjustment. Fixed perspective added rainbow using gradient and blending into the clouds.
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by cfdesigns in
./showthread.php?p=184​67872&i=i6579436
forum: Competitions

That's pretty good. I noticed your colors are backward for a primary bow?

sponsored links

182,231 views & 2340 likes for this thread
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Competitions

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.