Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 15 Sep 2014 (Monday) 11:20
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

-= 7D2 owners unite! Discuss and post photos!

Lt ­ Colonel
Joined Dec 2013
Just out of range.
Oct 04, 2017 08:09 as a reply to post 18465538 |  #18376

I like your sport better Jeff.

5DIII, 6D, 7D2, 1DMK3,1DMK4,EOS-M,1DX
https://woodawg.smugmu​g.com/ (external link)

sponsored links
Pondrader
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Oct 04, 2017 08:33 |  #18377

Yes ... I think we all love the great outdoors and what nature has to offer. I'm addicted

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Jeff ........7D Mark II, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

Jack ­ Dawe
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2008
UK
Oct 04, 2017 08:54 |  #18378

Pondrader wrote in post #18465728 (external link)
Most definitely wolf Guy, Wolves really are not the terror of the night that the.... " One in the Red Hood "..... would make them out to be.

How difficult are they to find? We don't have them over here, but I've always had the impression they're difficult.

Canon 7D2 · 50 f/1.8 · 17-55 f/2.8 IS · 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM · 100 f/2.8 Macro · 100-400 L IS II
Picture editing is OK

Pondrader
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Post has been edited 2 months ago by Pondrader.
Oct 04, 2017 09:32 |  #18379

Jack Dawe wrote in post #18465769 (external link)
How difficult are they to find? We don't have them over here, but I've always had the impression they're difficult.

Jack I have three packs that live in the bush around my house, they hunt the lands around here and end their nights right in my yard or close to it many nights this last summer. and I get nothing from them.. Ive tried quite hard.. sightings are rare unless they have pray down. My mission this winter is to get way more of them. but yes ...all but impossible to put a lens on. not sure just how I got this last one. he was just curios I think and I got in the middle of the pack last week. I don't bait as such but I'm not against using hole animals like deer hit on the roads by cars. better than them going to waist in the ditch.

flickr (external link)

aladyforty
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2005
Albany: Western Australia
Post has been last edited 2 months ago by aladyforty. 2 edits done in total.
Oct 04, 2017 10:38 |  #18380

Pondrader wrote in post #18465788 (external link)
Jack I have three packs that live in the bush around my house, they hunt the lands around here and end their nights right in my yard or close to it many nights this last summer. and I get nothing from them.. Ive tried quite hard.. sightings are rare unless they have pray down. My mission this winter is to get way more of them. but yes ...all but impossible to put a lens on. not sure just how I got this last one. he was just curios I think and I got in the middle of the pack last week. I don't bait as such but I'm not against using hole animals like deer hit on the roads by cars. better than them going to waist in the ditch.

I love your fox photos most of all, I just cant get a shot of one much over here, as they are feral and a pest here they have learned to be very wary of humans although this past winter they seem less bothered by us. Ours never look as pretty as yours do either. Ive just returned from a holiday in Cambodia and have not had a DSLR in my hands for a while, (took small mirrorless fuji) and Im itching to get out with the 7DII again. :-) Still think its a great all rounder and probably out does my 5DIII for versatility, you really make this camera shine. I showed someone your flickr images once and they swore you had to be using a 1DX or full frame, no idea why

5DIII 7DII Fuji X100 Fuji X10 17-40L 135L 70-200F4ISL Tamron 150-600
My Flickr https://www.flickr.com​/photos/25426422@N00/ (external link)
Birding page (archives cant add to them, lost password) https://www.flickr.com​/photos/59111660@N08/ (external link)

Jack ­ Dawe
Goldmember
Joined Jul 2008
UK
Post has been edited 2 months ago by Jack Dawe.
Oct 04, 2017 10:44 |  #18381

Pondrader wrote in post #18465788 (external link)

Thanks. I think many would count you insanely lucky (or even insanely unlucky :) ) to get them in your yard. I'll look forward to seeing more shots of these. And, yeah, I've loved your fox photos too - and the martens.

Canon 7D2 · 50 f/1.8 · 17-55 f/2.8 IS · 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM · 100 f/2.8 Macro · 100-400 L IS II
Picture editing is OK

shooz
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2013
Blenheim, Ontario, Canada
Oct 04, 2017 11:14 |  #18382

I wanna know who said they were tired of seeing Jeff’s fox pictures ? Really ?  :p

Dave
flickr (external link)

Pondrader
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Oct 04, 2017 11:31 |  #18383

aladyforty wrote in post #18465821 (external link)
I love your fox photos most of all, I just cant get a shot of one much over here, as they are feral and a pest here they have learned to be very wary of humans although this past winter they seem less bothered by us. Ours never look as pretty as yours do either. Ive just returned from a holiday in Cambodia and have not had a DSLR in my hands for a while, (took small mirrorless fuji) and Im itching to get out with the 7DII again. :-) Still think its a great all rounder and probably out does my 5DIII for versatility, you really make this camera shine. I showed someone your flickr images once and they swore you had to be using a 1DX or full frame, no idea why

I too think the fox around here have something different in their looks, In the beginning of my camera craze I had to shoot with some stiff competition, those getting the covers of the mag's, all though they never shared a thing with me about cameras they made me work harder to get the great shots or as great as I could make them.
I would love to use a 1DxII but I have only ever touched one once to look through it to see it from the inside lol. so I'm stuck using my 7DII of which this last week did the most damage to it as I have ever done to a camera, doing landscape of all thing's. I fell getting across from one rock to another and smashed my poor 7DII very hard. I was sure it was in peaces. But it was not, and the lens was ok but it now has the most scares of any camera I have ever owned. It really looked quite new right before.
and I'm a one camera guy so it scared the wits out of me to think I lost my camera for a water and rock shot. So yes everything I shoot is from the 7DII... all though it now has scrapes right down through the paint and some of the metal. kinda embarrassing really. but its all I have. Thanks for showing off my flickr , the honour makes the paint seem trivial.

flickr (external link)

Pondrader
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Post has been last edited 2 months ago by Pondrader. 2 edits done in total.
Oct 04, 2017 11:43 |  #18384

Jack Dawe wrote in post #18465825 (external link)
Thanks. I think many would count you insanely lucky (or even insanely unlucky :) ) to get them in your yard. I'll look forward to seeing more shots of these. And, yeah, I've loved your fox photos too - and the martens.

In real life Jack they stop at Insane lol. Luck is something we all make for ourselves. Don't forget about the critter magnet... its still working fine. The best part is I have 3 4T ext drives full of foxes hooked up to the mac so I can process foxes till the cows come home. This female is a story and a half.. I must start a book in her honour

HOSTED PHOTO

flickr (external link)

Pondrader
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Oct 04, 2017 11:46 |  #18385

shooz wrote in post #18465836 (external link)
I wanna know who said they were tired of seeing Jeff’s fox pictures ? Really ?  :p

lol I don't think their is any one person Dave lol. No lynching's today lol

flickr (external link)

britain
Joined Jun 2005
El Centro Calif
Post has been edited 2 months ago by britain.
Oct 04, 2017 11:51 |  #18386

Pondrader wrote in post #18465727 (external link)
Yes..... there are foxes , lots of them really. But the world got tired of seeing them so I have not persuade them as I once did. Wolves still hold a mystery and intrigue so I guess you could say I'm exploring them now lol. Not that the fox is off my radar just trying to find something people still wish to see.

Well, I haven't gotten tired in seeing them. I live in the desert so out of about 20 times, I'm lucky to get some wildlife keepers. My camera is pretty busted up from climbing around on the rocks. I like the battle damage.

Keep up the great photography!

7D2, 20D , 100-400L, EFS 17-85 , EFS 18-135, EFS 10-18mm, 100 2.8 macro , ring light, 430EX II, PD Capture Pro, Lifted modified Jeep to shake it all up:)

My Website HERE (external link)

Pondrader
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Oct 04, 2017 12:02 |  #18387

britain wrote in post #18465868 (external link)
Well, I haven't gotten tires in seeing them. I live in the desert so out of about 20 times, I'm lucky to get some wildlife keepers. My camera is pretty busted up from climbing around on the rocks. I like the battle damage.

Keep up the great photography!

Great wording for it. Maybe it is character.. Like it could tell a story or two.. Honestly mine could. But I think I'll adopt your attitude..

flickr (external link)

Keltab
Joined Apr 2007
Colorado
Oct 04, 2017 13:07 |  #18388

Pondrader wrote in post #18465853 (external link)
I too think the fox around here have something different in their looks, In the beginning of my camera craze I had to shoot with some stiff competition, those getting the covers of the mag's, all though they never shared a thing with me about cameras they made me work harder to get the great shots or as great as I could make them.
I would love to use a 1DxII but I have only ever touched one once to look through it to see it from the inside lol. so I'm stuck using my 7DII of which this last week did the most damage to it as I have ever done to a camera, doing landscape of all thing's. I fell getting across from one rock to another and smashed my poor 7DII very hard. I was sure it was in peaces. But it was not, and the lens was ok but it now has the most scares of any camera I have ever owned. It really looked quite new right before.
and I'm a one camera guy so it scared the wits out of me to think I lost my camera for a water and rock shot. So yes everything I shoot is from the 7DII... all though it now has scrapes right down through the paint and some of the metal. kinda embarrassing really. but its all I have. Thanks for showing off my flickr , the honour makes the paint seem trivial.

While having a 1DXII might be a cool thing to try, you give all of us a great bar to shoot for... Your work with the 7DII is inspiring! I don't think it would matter too much which camera you used - your work is amazing and I love seeing your pics on here - whether they are fox, loon, marten, moose or wolf (I especially love the wolf as I have been told by three shaman that the wolf and bear are my spirit animals :-)

Please keep sharing your images as they give me a lofty goal of what I may be able to achieve. I enjoy them all!

The Only Difference Between Ordinary and Extraordinary Is That Little Extra :D

Pondrader
Joined Aug 2012
Minden, Ontario, Canada
Post has been edited 2 months ago by Pondrader.
Oct 04, 2017 13:21 |  #18389

Keltab wrote in post #18465908 (external link)
While having a 1DXII might be a cool thing to try, you give all of us a great bar to shoot for... Your work with the 7DII is inspiring! I don't think it would matter too much which camera you used - your work is amazing and I love seeing your pics on here - whether they are fox, loon, marten, moose or wolf (I especially love the wolf as I have been told by three shaman that the wolf and bear are my spirit animals :-)

Please keep sharing your images as they give me a lofty goal of what I may be able to achieve. I enjoy them all!

I can tell you this animal was the biggest thrill to meet and shoot. he gave me such a sense of ease and calmness !! I was very close as he came to me but not at any point did I feel aggression. Only him studying me for a moment. Its a moment in time every real wildlife photographer should experience. I found it hard to concentrate and just wanted to watch lol. half way through my wife and I looked at each other and were grinning very intensely lol

HOSTED PHOTO

flickr (external link)

Keltab
Joined Apr 2007
Colorado
Oct 04, 2017 13:29 |  #18390

Pondrader wrote in post #18465924 (external link)
I can tell you this animal was the biggest thrill to meet and shoot. he gave me such a sense of ease and calmness !! I was very close as he came to me but not at any point did I feel aggression. Only him studying me for a moment. Its a moment in time every real wildlife photographer should experience. I found it hard to concentrate and just wanted to watch lol
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by Pondrader in
./showthread.php?p=184​65924&i=i143902414
forum: Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Great description of what I'm sure was a thrilling moment! I've had a couple of experiences like that in my life - but they happened prior to my deciding to learn photography :-) Now I hope to repeat them with camera in hand. I'll find them - I just have to be patient!

The Only Difference Between Ordinary and Extraordinary Is That Little Extra :D

sponsored links

4,135,867 views & 78185 likes for this thread
-= 7D2 owners unite! Discuss and post photos!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.