Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 19 Mar 2016 (Saturday) 17:44
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Godox X1 system integration thread

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Post has been edited 16 days ago by dmward.
Oct 01, 2017 08:58 |  #1261

DigitalTuned wrote in post #18463747 (external link)
Hi everyone little off track here.. Is there anyway i can get a replacement for the battery cover on the X1-c R.. some jerk knocked the entire light post and i unfortunately lost the battery cover. I call him jerk because i told him not to move my light posts and when i tuned my back the person tried to move it again while getting tangled with the legs of the light stand, works fine but will not hold batteries in. Emailed Godox, fingers crossed. :(

Gaffers tape (duct tape) works for holding the batteries in, but its ugly.
These sorts of replacement parts are almost impossible. Did you ask the jerk to pay you so you could replace the "broken" equipment?

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

sponsored links
DigitalTuned
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2010
Lynn Massachusetts
Oct 02, 2017 14:27 as a reply to dmward's post |  #1262

I was not worth loosing my shhh over it but I did give him some. I'm glad that my 580exii survived the fall.. Everything did, I fabricated a mickey mouse cover at work I needed to have something to hold the batteries flat in place, it worked now I need gaffers tape

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
facebook - (external link) - 500px (external link)

inkista
464 posts
Joined Oct 2007
San Diego, CA, USA
Oct 03, 2017 13:59 as a reply to DigitalTuned's post |  #1263

Maybe we should ask Helen Oster if we can get replacement parts by emailing brands@adorama.com? They could do a pretty brisk business in battery doors and flash foot replacement units. :D

I'm a woman. I shoot with a Fuji X100T, Panasonic GX-7, Canon 5DmkII, and 50D. flickr stream (external link)

owenegan
THREAD ­ STARTER
236 posts
Joined Dec 2015
Oct 03, 2017 22:06 |  #1264

inkista wrote in post #18465353 (external link)
Maybe we should ask Helen Oster if we can get replacement parts by emailing brands@adorama.com? They could do a pretty brisk business in battery doors and flash foot replacement units. :D

MmmHmm. Replacement parts and also, spares. I like the new TT350, but the one little diffuser cap that comes with it is eventually going to get lost. I'd sure like to be able to get a few more....

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Oct 03, 2017 23:30 |  #1265

inkista wrote in post #18465353 (external link)

It would be a great idea for Adorama to have a catalog of repair/replacement parts for the Godox line.

David | Sharing my Insights, Knowledge & Experience (external link) | dmwfotos website (external link)

RDKirk
Cream of the Crop
12,490 posts
Joined May 2004
USA
Oct 04, 2017 06:43 |  #1266

dmward wrote in post #18465640 (external link)
It would be a great idea for Adorama to have a catalog of repair/replacement parts for the Godox line.

I suspect at this point that Godox is putting all its manufacturing capacity into building more units.

I wonder what it would take for some enterprise to start a 3-D printing spare parts business? "Send us a part and we'll duplicate it."

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
31,899 posts
Gallery: 58 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been edited 13 days ago by TeamSpeed.
Oct 04, 2017 07:15 |  #1267

3D printer and a Kinect for scanning an existing battery door, who is up for it? :)

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,289 posts
Joined Jul 2008
New York
Oct 04, 2017 08:37 |  #1268

dmward wrote in post #18465640 (external link)

We did have an agreement with a local repair center; not sure why it didn't work out. But we are hoping to bring something similar back asap

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com
http://twitter.com/Hel​enOsterexternal link
http://www.flickr.com/​people/22264746@N07/external link

DigitalTuned
Goldmember
Joined Nov 2010
Lynn Massachusetts
Post has been edited 13 days ago by DigitalTuned.
Oct 04, 2017 16:18 |  #1269

Im taping the ones that still have a the original cap.. Just for precaution.. If anyone has a broken one I'll buy it from you, needs to have the cap though lol ;)

Isaac
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
facebook - (external link) - 500px (external link)

NewCreation
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2013
Michigan
Oct 09, 2017 06:34 |  #1270

Hi Gang,

I have two Flashpoint Zoom LiON TTL for Canon and two Flashpoint Zoom TTL for Canon. I also have two Canon x1 triggers. When I purchased my second xplor 600 I opted for a Nikon trigger for when I taught a class knowing I could trigger my xplor with it.

I found this: https://www.slrlounge.​com ...rand-ttl-and-hss-support/ (external link)

Does this mean that I can update the firmware in my Canon version flashes to receive signal from my Nikon X1 trigger? I think I'm reading that correctly but want to make sure I'm just not imposing my wishful thinking. lol

Also, is there a chart somewhere that shows all the model numbers across this different branded godox stuff? Godox/flashpoint/neewe​r/cheetahstand???

Thanks a bunch.

My name is Brenda ~Saved by grace, walking by faith
http://brendahoffmanph​otography.comexternal link
Facebookexternal link

RDKirk
Cream of the Crop
12,490 posts
Joined May 2004
USA
Oct 09, 2017 06:37 |  #1271

NewCreation wrote in post #18468886 (external link)
H

Also, is there a chart somewhere that shows all the model numbers across this different branded godox stuff? Godox/flashpoint/neewe​r/cheetahstand???

Flashhavoc Godox system overview

http://flashhavoc.com/​godox-flash-system-overview/ (external link)

NewCreation
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2013
Michigan
Oct 09, 2017 06:55 |  #1272

RDKirk wrote in post #18468888 (external link)
Flashhavoc Godox system overview

http://flashhavoc.com/​godox-flash-system-overview/ (external link)

Thank you!

My name is Brenda ~Saved by grace, walking by faith
http://brendahoffmanph​otography.comexternal link
Facebookexternal link

dmward
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jun 2009
Metro Chicago
Oct 09, 2017 08:15 |  #1273

RDKirk wrote in post #18465732 (external link)
I suspect at this point that Godox is putting all its manufacturing capacity into building more units.

I wonder what it would take for some enterprise to start a 3-D printing spare parts business? "Send us a part and we'll duplicate it."

Cheetah has replacement hot feet for the TTL speedlites for Canon, Nikon and Sony. I'm sure there are always some extra components available could be stocked and sold as replacement parts.

RDKirk
Cream of the Crop
12,490 posts
Joined May 2004
USA
Oct 09, 2017 08:22 |  #1274

dmward wrote in post #18468934 (external link)
Cheetah has replacement hot feet for the TTL speedlites for Canon, Nikon and Sony. I'm sure there are always some extra components available could be stocked and sold as replacement parts.

Edward Tang at Cheetahstands appears to be effective in pushing Godox to make some parts available and make improvements on Godox accessories. Some inquiries to him might be fruitful.

inkista
464 posts
Joined Oct 2007
San Diego, CA, USA
Post has been last edited 8 days ago by inkista. 3 edits done in total.
Oct 09, 2017 15:01 |  #1275

NewCreation wrote in post #18468886 (external link)
Does this mean that I can update the firmware in my Canon version flashes to receive signal from my Nikon X1 trigger?

Yes.

The V860II-C (Zoom Li-ion TTL) must be at v1.4 to be compatible with -N and -S triggers, and v1.5 to be compatible with -F(uji) and -O(lympus/Panasonic) triggers.

The TT685-C (Zoom TTL) must be at v3.1 for -N/-S, and v3.2 for -F/-O.

You'll need a Windows box, and the G1 software to upgrade the firmware on the flashes; all the files are on Godox's download page (external link) (which also has links for all their manuals), and Adorama keeps a similar page (external link) if you prefer the Flashpoint names (although at the moment, Adorama seems to have run over their Dropbox download limit [facepalm]).

Not really, but the Flash Havoc overview gives all the Flashpoint names.

I'm a woman. I shoot with a Fuji X100T, Panasonic GX-7, Canon 5DmkII, and 50D. flickr stream (external link)

sponsored links

193,042 views & 324 likes for this thread
Godox X1 system integration thread
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.