Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 28 Sep 2017 (Thursday) 12:26
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Purchased 6D From B&H, but Shipping Has Been Delayed

david.g.photo84
34 posts
Joined Sep 2017
Sep 28, 2017 12:26 |  #1

Well, I ordered a 6D w/ 24-105 4L and was concerned because I haven't received it yet. I called B&H and its been to 2 different distribution centers in PA for the last 2-3 days. My concern is that the item isn't packaged well enough for the delayed delivery with USPS. Does B&H package there items well? They said that normally they would ship another item, but since I chose USPS that they can't do that.

Thank you!

sponsored links
AZGeorge
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2010
Southen Arizona
Oct 04, 2017 15:50 |  #2

I hope your 6D has arrived. Everything I've had from B&H has been well packed.

George
Democracy Dies in Darkness

david.g.photo84
THREAD ­ STARTER
34 posts
Joined Sep 2017
Post has been edited 2 months ago by david.g.photo84.
Oct 04, 2017 16:33 as a reply to AZGeorge's post |  #3

It arrived that Saturday and I'll be honest with you. It had the inflatable wrap on the bottom, top and sides but felt that it could've used a bit more. One of the sides where the tape was on the bottom of the box was cut, so the bottom of the flaps dropped down a little with the package in the box due to the weight. I inspected the items and the outer box was near flawless, so I don't suspect that anyone was playing hockey with it or that it had a rough trip and the camera and lens were packed pretty decently from the manufacturer. The camera and lens appear to function as they should and this is a big jump from my T5i, so I am very pleased with my purchase.

Thank you!

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
Joined May 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Oct 05, 2017 22:59 |  #4

Congrats on your new camera and lens. Out of curiosity, was it the 6D Mark 2 or the 6Dc?

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1D IV | 6Dc | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS |100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition

david.g.photo84
THREAD ­ STARTER
34 posts
Joined Sep 2017
Oct 06, 2017 10:55 as a reply to Phoenixkh's post |  #5

Thank you. It was the 6DC as the Mark II was out of my price range a little. I have an eBay store, so I will be using my 6D for product photography and pictures of the family. It's a bit of a learning curve though as my T5i has a different set of menus and I have to get used to the location of the buttons.

Phoenixkh
a mere speck
Joined May 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Oct 06, 2017 11:01 |  #6

david.g.photo84 wrote in post #18467242 (external link)
Thank you. It was the 6DC as the Mark II was out of my price range a little. I have an eBay store, so I will be using my 6D for product photography and pictures of the family. It's a bit of a learning curve though as my T5i has a different set of menus and I have to get used to the location of the buttons.

Cool. I just picked up a 6Dc myself. First foray into full frame. I usually shoot wildlife, mostly birds, so I'm in that learning curve myself, but the camera is brilliant. As so many people have said, the thing focuses in the dark.

Kim (the male variety) Canon 1D IV | 6Dc | 16-35 f/4 IS | 24-105 f/4 IS |100L IS macro | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 100-400Lii | 50 f/1.8 STM | Canon 1.4X III
RRS tripod and monopod | 580EXII | Cinch 1 & Loop 3 Special Edition

sponsored links

809 views & 1 like for this thread
Purchased 6D From B&H, but Shipping Has Been Delayed
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.