Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup
Thread started 06 Feb 2016 (Saturday) 16:17
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

CR2 files not recognized from new camera

SWIFFY
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Aug 2017
Out in the country in Central Minnesota
Oct 09, 2017 21:01 as a reply to post 18469387 |  #31

I did not. Once I got the DPP4 and was able to pull up the photos and edit, I was satisfied.

I guess I dont fully understand what the dng converter would do for me at this point??

If there would be a clear benefit in having it, please explain!

Thank you!

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,375 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Oct 10, 2017 05:57 |  #32

SWIFFY wrote in post #18469402 (external link)
I did not. Once I got the DPP4 and was able to pull up the photos and edit, I was satisfied.

I guess I dont fully understand what the dng converter would do for me at this point??

Thank you!

The long answer lies here...https://petapixel.com ...he-adobe-raw-file-format/ (external link).

The short answer is continue doing what you are comfortable with.

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
17,690 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Mar 2006
S.F. Bay Area
Oct 10, 2017 09:28 |  #33

SWIFFY wrote in post #18469402 (external link)

Thank you!

It should allow you to just use photoshop like you did in the past, and not have to deal with dpp

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)
my 366 for 2016 (external link)

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,375 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Post has been last edited 12 days ago by John from PA. 2 edits done in total.
Oct 10, 2017 12:52 |  #34

DreDaze wrote in post #18469671 (external link)
It should allow you to just use photoshop like you did in the past, and not have to deal with dpp

Personally since moving to version 4.6 of DPP, I have found very little reason to use a Photoshop product. It also introduces dual pixel raw, something with the 5DIV. I can't help but think dual pixel raw may bring other capabilities in the future. See https://www.photobohem​ian.com/canon-dual-pixel-examples/ (external link) or search the Canon website for the 5DIV.

mdvaden
Goldmember
Joined Mar 2009
Beaverton, Oregon
Oct 10, 2017 22:43 |  #35

Submariner wrote in post #17966766 (external link)
Yep works for my 5DIII but not my 5DS R, this is a real pain. I wrote to Canon, .... Well dont hold your breath. Moronic attitude they need a Product manager or alliance manager with 1/2 a brain.

If we're talking about Lightroom, when I bought my Canon 5DS in 2016, Lightroom would not accept the RAW files.

It only took a momentary download to update Lightroom and enable it to deal with those files.

vadenphotography.comexternal link . . . and . . . Coast Redwoods Main Pageexternal link

3,363 views & 0 likes for this thread
CR2 files not recognized from new camera
FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.