Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

mystik610
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2012
Houston, TX
Oct 11, 2017 16:01 |  #5461

xpfloyd wrote in post #18470652 (external link)
Is it possible to use OCF with silent mode on the a7rii? My trigger arrives tomorrow so I can’t check

No. Mechanical shutter only.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α9 - Zeiss Loxia 21 - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - 85GM - Sony 70-200GM

sponsored links
xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Oct 11, 2017 16:02 |  #5462

If any of you U.K. guys are looking for a mint batis 85 drop me a PM, otherwise it’s going on eBay

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
x100F | α7R II
Voigtlander 4.5/15 | Zeiss Loxia 2.8/21 | Samyang 1.4/24 | Contax Zeiss 4.5-5.6/100-300
Sony 2/28 | Sony/Zeiss 1.8/55 | Zeiss Batis 1.8/85 | Sony 2.8/90

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2010
California
Oct 11, 2017 20:52 |  #5463

Got one more fave from this shoot.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

VINZ - SONY A7RII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE3514 | FE1635F4 |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

mystik610
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2012
Houston, TX
Oct 11, 2017 20:58 |  #5464

Random thoughts as I edit my second shooter's photos. Canon colors suck!

Not true of course, but I'm spending a lot more time editing because the things I'm used to doing in terms of color correction are different in Canon files, so it requires more thought that I've been used to. Not better or worse, just different. I can get the Canon files to basically match the Sony files though, it just takes a little extra time and effort since its not what I'm used to any more.

My second shooter on Saturday is a Fuji guy, so I'll get a chance to play with Fuji raws soon.

focalpointsphoto.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - Instagram (external link)
α7ʀII - RX1ʀII - α9 - Zeiss Loxia 21 - Sony/Zeiss 35 f1.4 ZA - 85GM - Sony 70-200GM

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2010
California
Oct 11, 2017 20:59 |  #5465

next time you hire me. :)

INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
Joined Jul 2013
Oct 11, 2017 21:16 |  #5466

Vinz, seriously we'll all contribute here to help you buy the young woman a pair of jeans ;)
Haha, kidding again. Just more fantastic portraiture from you.

HOSTED PHOTO

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

TRhoads
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2009
Roswell, Georgia
Oct 11, 2017 21:32 |  #5467

mystik610 wrote in post #18470786 (external link)
Random thoughts as I edit my second shooter's photos. Canon colors suck!

Not true of course, but I'm spending a lot more time editing because the things I'm used to doing in terms of color correction are different in Canon files, so it requires more thought that I've been used to. Not better or worse, just different. I can get the Canon files to basically match the Sony files though, it just takes a little extra time and effort since its not what I'm used to any more.

My second shooter on Saturday is a Fuji guy, so I'll get a chance to play with Fuji raws soon.

vinmunoz wrote in post #18470788 (external link)
next time you hire me. :)

or me...I would fly out for it...LOL...

my only experience with Fuji files was after Petit this week, a friend shoots with one, and I wanted to see what his files looked liked SOOC...his were very flat.

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
Joined Jul 2013
Oct 11, 2017 21:38 |  #5468

Flat colors?
You guys know I'm limited in my faculties in all of this but doesn't raw no matter the brand let you
do what ever you want in color?
I say that and think back to my old Minolta 400 APO and the color it gave to the image.

On Fuji I've always found their cameras so very interesting but never took a plunge. Poof just
said 'what? another camera' when she discovered the RX10iv is in the works, so I just think at
my age I'll just stick with Sony and Oly now.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2010
California
Post has been edited 1 month ago by vinmunoz.
Oct 11, 2017 22:33 |  #5469

What is your thought/s about this?

the image on the left is what the Lumu Power Light Meter see, it looks like well exposed even when looking at the histogram.

the image on the right is what the built-in camera's light meter see, on 0. It looks like underexpose even base on the histogram.

BUT... to my eyes when looking at it in real life, the image on the right is accurate.

Which one do you like or follow and why?

HOSTED PHOTO

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Oct 11, 2017 22:42 |  #5470

vinmunoz wrote in post #18470845 (external link)
What is your thought/s about this?

the image on the left is what the Lumu Power Light Meter see, it looks like well exposed even when looking at the histogram.

the image on the right is what the built-in camera's light meter see, on 0. It looks like underexpose even base on the histogram.

BUT... to my eyes, the image on the right is accurate.

Which one do you like or follow?
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by vinmunoz in
./showthread.php?p=184​70845&i=i88798678
forum: Sony Cameras

What you're seeing is the difference between reflective metering and incident metering. The camera is using a reflective meter to give you a middle gray, and that's what you got. The incident meter is reading the light level itself, hence the difference.

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Oct 11, 2017 22:44 |  #5471

BTW: I'm assuming the door is supposed to be white, not grey, correct? ;) In which case the incident meter gave you the correct exposure to render the white door white.

500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2010
California
Oct 11, 2017 22:48 |  #5472

i know the difference with the incident and reflective. I should be more clearer. I'm comparing both to our eyes. In my eyes, the reading from the camera is actually more accurate, in the actual ambience.

yah it's white but given the existing light, the reading from the camera is actually correct. i'm confuse. lol

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2010
California
Post has been edited 1 month ago by vinmunoz.
Oct 11, 2017 23:24 |  #5473

I just compared the power of the Godox V860II Speedlight vs. Godox AD200(Fresnel). Both no modifiers.

Both at equal distance and both at full power. the V860II was zoomed to 35mm since the AD200(Fresnel) is constant at 35mm

V860II = F8
AD200 = F13

Light meter used was the Lumu Power Light Meter

is that a huge difference? is that accurate to most claims that it's equivalent to 3 speedlights? it does not sounds like since 3 V860II means F24, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know the bulb head is more powerful but it's for modifiers so i did not test it. Although if i used the bulb with the standard reflector, it's gonna be more powerful, right?

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Oct 11, 2017 23:44 |  #5474

vinmunoz wrote in post #18470855 (external link)
i know the difference with the incident and reflective. I should be more clearer. I'm comparing both to our eyes. In my eyes, the reading from the camera is actually more accurate, in the actual ambience.

yah it's white but given the existing light, the reading from the camera is actually correct. i'm confuse. lol

light meters don't care what your eyes see. They are going to tell you what values to use for a correct exposure. It's up to you to determine if you want to over or under expose. To my eyes the one from the camera is wrong and shows the limitation of reflective metering. Unless your door really is gray. If it looks gray to you because of low ambient, then it's up to you to expose to keep it that way, if you want. Bear in mind too that the door appears to be fairly close to the camera and flash relative to the other door, so as you increase flash power to get a correct exposure at the door, you're increasing the ratio between flash and ambient, which will have an effect on things further away from the flash due to falloff. So in that sense the resulting exposure difference between the door on the left and the one on the right is an effect of light placement and falloff.

500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Oct 11, 2017 23:49 |  #5475

vinmunoz wrote in post #18470865 (external link)
I just compared the power of the Godox V860II Speedlight vs. Godox AD200(Fresnel). Both no modifiers.

Both at equal distance and both at full power. the V860II was zoomed to 35mm since the AD200(Fresnel) is constant at 35mm

V860II = F8
AD200 = F13

Light meter used was the Lumu Power Light Meter

is that a huge difference? is that accurate to most claims that it's equivalent to 3 speedlights? it does not sounds like since 3 V860II means F24, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know the bulb head is more powerful but it's for modifiers so i did not test it. Although if i used the bulb with the standard reflector, it's gonna be more powerful, right?

Well, if the V860 puts out what most competing speedlights put out, then it has about 70-80ws of power. One stop up from that would be 140-160ws, and the AD200 is at 200ws, making it about a stop and a half brighter, which sounds right to me. If the V860 has 70ws, 200ws would be almost 3x as powerful.

500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)

sponsored links

251,433 views & 13902 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.