Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras
Thread started 20 Jul 2016 (Wednesday) 07:21
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Nikon D500 Group - Posts your pics!

tyr-sog
Joined Jun 2014
Sep 29, 2017 17:29 |  #121

soccer

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.
HOSTED PHOTO

Justin
Nikon D500
~Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED
~Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S

sponsored links
EricJrSax
Joined Sep 2013
Baltimore
Oct 11, 2017 12:27 |  #122

Pagman wrote in post #18307068 (external link)
Im a fellow nikon user as you can see in my sig, also a musician keyboards/synths mainly but have dabbled in Bass and a bit of Tennor and Alto Sax, but due to the noise equation at home and a scared dog due to the noise from them, I had to give up learning the sax - Im still using and recording with my keyboard/synth though.
With the lens situation I persoanly would stick with the nikon 70-200 as it is quite a bit sharper and focuses faster than the Tammy I understand.

P.

Hi Pagman. Ended up selling the VR II and picked up the Tamron 70-200 f2.8 G2 some months ago. Had a lot of focusing issues early on. Bought the Tap for it,... a lot of improvements, but long and painful process. A couple updates came thru recently from Tamron, applied them via the Tap and now the G2 is tack sharp, faster and more accurate. It now outperforms the Nikon VR II,... by a good pace. Don't care much about focus breathing,... personally, I think people put too much into it.

As for music, I started on the piano, pretty much just saxophones & flute now. Pretty much only finding my way to the piano when I'm trying to write stuff out.

damianmkv
Joined Feb 2017
Surrey, England
Oct 11, 2017 13:54 as a reply to EricJrSax's post |  #123

Am very interested in your comments re the g2 vs vr2 as I got a d500 last week. Initially I thought of getting the 70-200 f4 due to weight saving but then I thought that as I'll need some more reach, I'll need a TC so I'm back to thinking about a 2.8

Seems some reviews favour the Tamron and some the Nikon...

D500 / 16-80 / 35 f1.8 / E-M1 / P12-32 / RX100

EricJrSax
Joined Sep 2013
Baltimore
Oct 11, 2017 16:38 |  #124

damianmkv wrote in post #18470565 (external link)
Am very interested in your comments re the g2 vs vr2 as I got a d500 last week. Initially I thought of getting the 70-200 f4 due to weight saving but then I thought that as I'll need some more reach, I'll need a TC so I'm back to thinking about a 2.8

Seems some reviews favour the Tamron and some the Nikon...

Do yourself a favor and go f/2.8. Depending on what you're shooting, you may not need a TC. Remember,... the D500 comes with a built-in 1.5 TC. Most of the reviews that favor the Nikon are probably referring to the newer 70-200 f/2.8E FL. I was commenting on the Tamron compared to the older 70-200 f/2.8G VR II. IMO, the Tamron is way out in front of the VR II.

tyr-sog
Joined Jun 2014
Oct 15, 2017 18:50 |  #125

Really enjoying the Nikkor 17-55 2.8 lens I picked up.

HOSTED PHOTO

Justin
Nikon D500
~Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED
~Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II AF-S

CisherPhotography
Joined May 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nov 14, 2017 04:35 as a reply to post 18236949 |  #126

When your capturing a photo, those are in-camera processed jpegs on the back lcd. Don't feel too bad. Your not the only one to be excited about what showing on the lcd, only to go home and be disappointed.

Although if your camera is capable of processing those images, your more then capable in LR.

sponsored links

22,593 views & 159 likes for this thread
Nikon D500 Group - Posts your pics!
FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.