Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras
Thread started 10 Oct 2017 (Tuesday) 07:30
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

G5 X, advice from an existing owner please

Stiga
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Oct 10, 2017 07:30 |  #1

I am about to replace my Canon Powershot G12 with a G5 X but before purchase I have 1 menu question. From reading the manual online, I know how to (a) set up for shooting AEB and (b) how to save custom settings to C1 & C2. It would appear that I can save my favourite AEB settings to C1/C2 but cannot see it in black and white. Please will someone confirm that this can be done.

TIA

Martin Ragg

Martin
I'm not a gear guy but I have a tons of software :-)

teekay
Goldmember
2,590 posts
Joined Apr 2001
British Columbia, Canada
Post has been edited 1 month ago by teekay.
Oct 13, 2017 11:42 |  #2

I'm really surprised you haven't received a single reply to your question. I haven't got a G5X myself but my suggestion would be to do a search on this forum for "G5X" and then send a PM to one of the members who has one. I don't want to mention any names but I know that at least one regular user on this forum would be only too glad to help.

Stiga
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Oct 14, 2017 04:00 as a reply to teekay's post |  #3

Thanks for your response, teekay. I am that nobody has answered my query. However, after nownloading the G5 X manual, wrapping a wet towel around my head, and reading it for a while, I think I have found the answer! The trick seems to be to use the Canon My Menu facility and not a save to a custom setting.

Thanks again :-)

Martin

Stiga
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2015
Nr Perth, Scotland
Oct 18, 2017 08:47 |  #4

I have it now :-) And, after a battle with the menu system I am now in shooting mode :-)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Martin

1,118 views & 0 likes for this thread
G5 X, advice from an existing owner please
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.