My Canon G12 is on the way out as it has the dreaded scratched lens after 4 years of use. (I have heard of others who hav had the same problem and presume that the auto-lend cover is damaged.) See the "milky" patch in the trees just above the far bale:
I don't want a all singing all dancing model and and it does not have to be a Canon. An Oly or Panasonic would be suitable.
Here are my must have criteria.
- Viewfinder (optical or EVF)
- Auto-bracketed RAW shooting, preferably ±3EV but ±2 would be okay
- Function buttons that can be programmed for auto-bracketing
- Good reolution at infinity
- Weight: 500g (1.1lb) to 750g
- Zoom (minimum spec.): 28- 135mm
- Prices: less than $475 / £350
These features would be nice but are not deal breakers.
- Lens hood (the one on my Canon G12 obscured the viewfinder and was seldom used)
- Thickness: less than 60mm so I can slip it into an anorak pocket
- Very fast RAW storage when auto-bracketing
All advice an comments will be gratefully received.
P.S. I have just found a refurbished Oly Stylus 1 for £320 -?