Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 19 Oct 2017 (Thursday) 16:12
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Mindshift backlight 36L

tbar
Joined May 2008
Oct 19, 2017 16:12 |  #1

does anyone have any experience with this backpack
or can you recommend an alternative
i want to carry my 500mm I is , 70-200 mm and both 1d cameras
plus some food and extra clothes
must be able to carry on plane
thanks

gremlin75
Goldmember
Joined Feb 2011
Detroit, MI
Oct 19, 2017 22:02 |  #2

tbar wrote in post #18476273 (external link)
does anyone have any experience with this backpack
or can you recommend an alternative
i want to carry my 500mm I is , 70-200 mm and both 1d cameras
plus some food and extra clothes
must be able to carry on plane
thanks

I started typing out a response about how I love my backlight but I shoot mirrorless and I think the bag will probably be to small for your needs.....then I realized you said 36L and that seemed off to me. So I looked at mine and it said 26L. Then I did a quick search and came to realized that mindshift released a larger 36L this year.

So I take back what I was going to say. The 26L is definitely not the bag for you, however it looks like the 36L just might be. Mind you I have zero experience with the 36L (the 26L is an amazing bag though) but in my quick research it looks like they upped the size to fit a pro series or gripped body (which would have been too large for the 26L) and a lens up to 600mm. They looks have have also made the front pocket larger, which on the 26L I could already fit a 3xl soft shell jack (aka a big jacket) and a days worth of food.

You'll have to double check carry one requirements. It is on the large size and I think just a little over US domestic carry on requirements but it's close enough that you should be able to squeak by. But international and small fights it's probably going to be well over that maximum size limit.

Like I said, I have no first hand experience with the 36L backlight....I didn't even know the larger size existed until about an hour ago now. However mindshift makes great gear and as long as the 36L is of the same quality of the 26L it should be a great bag. If you can see if you have a mindshift/think tank dealer near you that will allow you to check out the bag and see if everything you need to fit in it will.

213 views & 1 like for this thread
Mindshift backlight 36L
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.