Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

mickeyb105
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2011
Vero Beach, FL
Oct 21, 2017 14:31 as a reply to post 18477682 |  #5911

The kid showing us around (the place was a family operation) said that the green is always more intense when a gator is in that immediate space. I have no idea if he is right, but I thought it was an interesting tidbit.

Sony A99ii, RX-100ii, Sonnar T* 135mm f/1.8 ZA, Minolta HS 200 2.8 APO, Zeiss 24/2 ZA, Minolta 2xTC APO, HVL-F43M
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
Joined Jul 2013
Oct 21, 2017 14:34 as a reply to mickeyb105's post |  #5912

Is that not near Vierra? Where we go about yearly for birds?

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

MedicineMan4040
Joined Jul 2013
Oct 21, 2017 14:37 |  #5913

When I drive home from the hospital I go through a mountain pass, takes 5-8 min's to ge through-no cell signal though it is in the city limits of Bristol.
Once I pop out on the other side is this giant field and it was foggy this morning for the barn. With the 10iv-

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

flickr (external link)

OoDee
Joined Oct 2012
Helsinki, Finland
Oct 21, 2017 15:04 |  #5914

HOSTED PHOTO

500px (external link) Instagram (external link)

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Post has been last edited 1 month ago by xpfloyd. 2 edits done in total.
Oct 21, 2017 15:30 |  #5915

This isnt where I intended this shot to go and still not sure if I actually like it but here it is. The dark green glass of the bottle didnt let any light through which meant I couldnt do my original idea. It is growing on me the more I look at it though

IMAGE: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4443/37581024600_b3fcb89044_b.jpg
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/ZfUz​j1] (external link)Grolsch (external link) by xpfloyd (external link), on Flickr

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
x100F | α7R II
Voigtlander 15 | Zeiss Loxia 21 | Samyang 24 | Contax Zeiss 100-300
Sony 28 | Sony/Zeiss 55 | Zeiss Batis 85 | Sony 90 Macro

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,885 posts
Gallery: 44 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Oct 21, 2017 15:41 |  #5916

xpfloyd wrote in post #18477747 (external link)
This isnt where I intended this shot to go and still not sure if I actually like it but here it is. The dark green glass of the bottle didnt let any light through which meant I couldnt do my original idea. It is growing on me the more I look at it though

QUOTED IMAGE
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/ZfUz​j1] (external link)Grolsch (external link) by xpfloyd (external link), on Flickr

It's beer, what's not to like? :lol:

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,088 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010
West Point, Georgia
Oct 21, 2017 15:48 as a reply to navydoc's post |  #5917

I love the smell of coffee, and like the smell of beer. Dislike the taste of both.

It's too bad there aren't coffee lovers here, because coffee imagery can have a warm richness about it. I'd love to see some product/still life images on a coffee theme here. Just throwing out an idea... :)

David | Flickr (external link)

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Post has been edited 1 month ago by xpfloyd.
Oct 21, 2017 16:01 |  #5918

David Arbogast wrote in post #18477764 (external link)
I love the smell of coffee, and like the smell of beer. Dislike the taste of both.

It's too bad there aren't coffee lovers here, because coffee imagery can have a warm richness about it. I'd love to see some product/still life images on a coffee theme here. Just throwing out an idea... :)

I cant get going in the morning without coffee!. Ive actually got a coffee themes still life photo planned, Im just on the lookout for a suitable mug as opposed to the boring ones we actually use in the house. Im finding the FE90 to be a good lens for the winter when its horrible outside, opens up a whole other world of things to shoot.

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
x100F | α7R II
Voigtlander 15 | Zeiss Loxia 21 | Samyang 24 | Contax Zeiss 100-300
Sony 28 | Sony/Zeiss 55 | Zeiss Batis 85 | Sony 90 Macro

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,885 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Post has been edited 1 month ago by navydoc.
Oct 21, 2017 16:19 |  #5919

Eddie, I tried a different version of your theme. I placed an open bottle of beer onto a snooted flash (Nissin i60a). I'll have to give some thought as to how I might shoot it in an interesting way. Top down requires some serious DOF.

HOSTED PHOTO

Gene - My Photo Gallery ||external link My USS Oriskany websiteexternal link || My Flickrexternal link
Take nothing but photos - leave nothing but footprints - break nothing but silence - kill nothing but time.

navydoc
Cream of the Crop
10,885 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Inland Empire, So. Cal
Oct 21, 2017 16:22 |  #5920

Sounds like a great subject as I like coffee as well. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,088 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010
West Point, Georgia
Oct 21, 2017 16:26 |  #5921

xpfloyd wrote in post #18477773 (external link)
I cant get going in the morning without coffee!. Ive actually got a coffee themes still life photo planned, Im just on the lookout for a suitable mug as opposed to the boring ones we actually use in the house. Im finding the FE90 to be a good lens for the winter when its horrible outside, opens up a whole other world of things to shoot.

That’ll be great for this winter...looking forward to it! :)

David | Flickr (external link)

eriet30
Goldmember
1,869 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2011
Phoenix AZ
Oct 21, 2017 17:12 |  #5922

Ummm an A9 is waiting for me when i land in El paso ...... It fell into one of the other guys bags that is going on or trip.. He happens to own a camera store and well... It free same day shipping

So A9 love commence

"Vision is the art of seeing that which is invisible"
http://... flickr (external link) www.paulvanderveen.net (external link)

A9 / A7rII / A6500 (For Sale)) /A6000IR -CV10, Loxia 21, FE28, FE 55, FE90, FE 100-400GM, Rok 8mm Fish, Tam 150-600v1 (For Sale))
Legacy Glass: Canon FD 55 1.2 / Jupiter 9 85mm 1.4

MedicineMan4040
Joined Jul 2013
Oct 21, 2017 18:49 |  #5923

I'll be trying soon enough, with Gene's help and a shopping list I'm ordering a trunk load of product photograph kit tonight.
I do drink coffee to help keep warm (I'm always cold).

flickr (external link)

MedicineMan4040
Joined Jul 2013
Oct 21, 2017 18:51 |  #5924

navydoc wrote in post #18477784 (external link)
Eddie, I tried a different version of your theme. I placed an open bottle of beer onto a snooted flash (Nissin i60a). I'll have to give some thought as to how I might shoot it in an interesting way. Top down requires some serious DOF.
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by navydoc in
./showthread.php?p=184​77784&i=i105463277
forum: Sony Cameras

Was that snoot on my shopping list? That pull back shot looks great.

flickr (external link)

MedicineMan4040
Joined Jul 2013
Post has been edited 1 month ago by MedicineMan4040.
Oct 21, 2017 18:52 |  #5925

eriet30 wrote in post #18477811 (external link)
Ummm an A9 is waiting for me when i land in El paso ...... It fell into one of the other guys bags that is going on or trip.. He happens to own a camera store and well... It free same day shipping

So A9 love commence

Good for you Eriet! Now you can catch a speeding petroglyph ha!

flickr (external link)

sponsored links

257,622 views & 14173 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.