Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 15 Oct 2017 (Sunday) 17:35
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Optech Sling Duo vs. Optech Dual Harness

NDAPhoto
142 posts
Joined Jul 2015
California
Post has been last edited 1 month ago by NDAPhoto. 2 edits done in total.
Oct 15, 2017 17:35 |  #1

Any experience or opinions in favor of one over the other? I use the single slings and straps, so would like to stay with this brand.

koffee
24 posts
Joined Dec 2014
Oct 19, 2017 12:24 |  #2

I've used both for some time and I like the versatility of being able to switch from single to double easily. I currently used my dual harness at the Huntington Beach air show with a Canon 7D MK II with a Sigma 150-600 c lens and a Canon 70D with a 70-300mm L lens and had them attached for well over four hours and it worked great without much issue. The only issue that I had was that the upper section of the harness on the back would shift when I would bring up the lens to use and I attribute that to the weight of the lenses I was using. I had switched the rig as the first day I had my 7D MK II with the Sigma lens and the 70D with a 24-105 L and had them set up with separate straps and after the fours that day my neck was strained from the pulling directly on the middle of my neck and it seemed to twist the cameras which made it more difficult to quickly get my camera set up for the next flyby. The only problem with the set up is that if I wanted to switch the camera on each side I would need to switch the connectors as one is male and the other female and it creates a polarizing effect but with that being my only complaint it seems to work well with the load that I've had on it. I would recommend it and with the easy ability to go from dual to single it makes it a good choice at a good price range and as many times that I used it I feel comfortable in that it won't fail at a moments notice.

If you already have the single strap from Optech then you already have experience with their products and I hope that this helps in your decision in looking at the dual harness system.

Mike

koffee
24 posts
Joined Dec 2014
Oct 19, 2017 12:37 |  #3

I'm sorry to say that in reading your question I misread it and have only used their harness and single straps and haven't used the Duo but in looking at it in relation to the gear that I use I would tend to stay with the harness as with the weight of the set up that I use I would think that being it sits on one shoulder point that that weight would focus on one point creating more downward pressure on the one shoulder instead of it being evenly distributed across my shoulders. I was looking at Black Rapid set up but with the camera battery packs it would've made portrait pictures harder with the connectors on the bottom. The Optect doesn't use that type of connection so it should be easier to use the camera for portrait even with a battery pack.

Mike

NDAPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
142 posts
Joined Jul 2015
California
Oct 22, 2017 10:09 as a reply to koffee's post |  #4

Thanks, I'm specifically interested in a comparison between the different two-camera systems. I have many straps, and both belt and holsters, but I like the old school Optech sling with uni-loops, especially if carrying a 70-200. I want to know if the two-camera system has a real-world benefit over two separate slings and if there are issues with comfort, movement, or portrait/landscape orientation.

280 views & 0 likes for this thread
Optech Sling Duo vs. Optech Dual Harness
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.