Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk
Thread started 10 Aug 2017 (Thursday) 20:03
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Drone camera types and lenses added to datebase?

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
12,995 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Dec 2010
In The Sticks
Aug 10, 2017 20:03 |  #1

With the popularity of these drones and the cameras they carry I think it would be a great idea to add the camera info and the lens info to the camera and lens databases so that these users can add the metadata to their photos.

If need be, I could go ahead and start collecting data needed to add at least the camera data to the camera database. Since the cameras have fixed lenses the lens data can be either omitted or included with the camera information.

Just a thought... from a new drone owner.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

CameraMan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
12,995 posts
Joined Dec 2010
In The Sticks
Aug 10, 2017 20:30 |  #2

I just uploaded a photo to Pbase from my quadcopter and it identified the camera and the manufacturer (DJI FC6310). And it also had the camera settings. Amass identified the camera settings but no actual camera information.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,238 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2001
Hellsinki, Finland
Nov 01, 2017 06:37 |  #3

CameraMan wrote in post #18424443 (external link)
With the popularity of these drones and the cameras they carry I think it would be a great idea to add the camera info and the lens info to the camera and lens databases so that these users can add the metadata to their photos.

If need be, I could go ahead and start collecting data needed to add at least the camera data to the camera database. Since the cameras have fixed lenses the lens data can be either omitted or included with the camera information.

Just a thought... from a new drone owner.

Sorry for a late reply.

I'm doing the final tweaks on version 2.0, and I will add drone cameras to it. It seems that it is best to add the camera "id" codes to the gear list (even if there are fixed cameras in many models), as often drones can use different cameras, and the EXIF name is always the model name, not drone name. The list from DJI I have now gathered for various sources is:

FC350
FC350H
FC550
FC550RAW
FC1102
FC220
FC300X
FC300XW
FC350Z
HG310
FC200
FC300SE
FC300X
FC300C
FC300S
FC300XW
FC330
FC6310
FC6510
FC6520

Some are fixed lens cameras, some as Micro four thirds mount. Do you know which are mountable? When a camera has a mount, the lens will be required in metadata for gallery adding.

To make selection easier in gear list, I could do a correlation list from actual drone name to compatible camera names, if needed. That needs some further info from those who know.

What about other manufacturers? I have some listed:

PARROT Bebop Drone 2
Yuneex Breeze 4K
Syma X5C Explorers
Ehang Ghostdrone 2.0 VR
UTO Drone U960 Hexacopter
Blade Chroma 4K

and I have no clue what they show in EXIF.

It is very hard to find example photos of drones that include EXIF, it looks like even dng stills from videos are automatically stripped by export tools.

There will also be a generic listing:

manufacturer: Unspecified manufacturer

Drone Camera (fixed lens) FIXED LENS
Drone Camera (mountable lens) LENS REQUIRED

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 1.4 Changelog (installed here now)

CameraMan
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
12,995 posts
Joined Dec 2010
In The Sticks
Nov 01, 2017 11:15 |  #4

To find exif data I would suggest looking at pbase and try searching for those cameras for the exif data. I think they have a pretty extensive database of drone cameras. As far as fixed and removable lenses are concerned I have no clue which cameras have what. I can better research that this weekend.

364 views & 0 likes for this thread
Drone camera types and lenses added to datebase?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.