Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases
Thread started 02 Nov 2017 (Thursday) 10:33
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Looking for a camera bag that isnt a camera bag

ekinnyc
751 posts
Joined Mar 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Nov 02, 2017 10:33 |  #1

I currently have a Billingham Hadley Pro that i use for storing my 6D, 35mm f/2 IS, flash, BR strap, and various minutae like memory cards and spare batteries.

i also use the Billingham to carry my camera locally (i.e. trip to zoo). however, i dont find it to be a very practical travel bag, especially for overseas trips - other than my kit, i cant fit much else in there. this leads me to use a regular incase backpack, and roll the camera up in a tshirt.

im considering selling the Billingham, and storing the camera in a box in a drawer. however, what i am really looking for is a recommendation for a backpack that isnt just a dedicated camera backpack. as mentioned, i currently have an Incase, its an older Slim backpack. I love bringing it on vacation with me, as it allows me to carry a bunch of stuff not just on the plane, but also when im out and about (had it with me on my trip to spain just now) and it allowed me to carry my 6D + sling (when not using), a large bottle of water, and allow me to shove a sweater in there and the like.

can folks recommend a backpack that will allow me to do this - something that has a small camera compartment, and yet still allows for space to carry other things?

or am i better off purchasing a camera insert such as this one: https://www.incase.com ...camera/camera-insert-lite (external link) and just continuing to use my current backpack

6D| 35mm f/2 IS
Buying/Selling Feedback

MalVeauX
"Looks rough and well used"
Joined Feb 2013
Florida
Nov 02, 2017 10:43 |  #2

Lowepro's Fastpack series has a camera section and the rest is free storage. Not expensive.

Very best,

My Flickr (external link) :: My Astrobin (external link)

ekinnyc
THREAD ­ STARTER
751 posts
Joined Mar 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Nov 03, 2017 12:32 as a reply to MalVeauX's post |  #3

thanks. i should've added that i also have the older LowePro Versapack 200, which is similar to fastpack. i still find the space limiting - it has enough room for small things for a day or a short trip, but still not exactly what i was looking for.

i wound up ordering a padded insert, which should fit my incase backpack very well, and still allow me to have space when i need it: https://www.amazon.com ...age_o00_s00?ie=UTF8​&psc=1 (external link)

6D| 35mm f/2 IS
Buying/Selling Feedback

221 views & 0 likes for this thread
Looking for a camera bag that isnt a camera bag
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.