Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 31 Oct 2017 (Tuesday) 18:32
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Experiences with background paper wall mount

PineBomb
I have many notable flaws
Joined Apr 2014
Psych Ward, East Wing, USA
Nov 04, 2017 09:52 |  #16

I've been pondering a core solution. I was considering PVC, but I like the mobility of the aluminum cores. This is the first time I've seen them. You might be able to find interlocking conduit from another industry at a significant discount.

-Matt
Website (external link) | flickr (external link) | instagram (external link) | street portrait project on instagram (external link)

ThreeHounds
Joined Mar 2014
Delray Beach, Fl USA
Post has been edited 17 days ago by ThreeHounds.
Nov 04, 2017 12:31 as a reply to post 18488342 |  #17

I would... Just because they have them in 12' as well as 9'. If you ever need wider drops in the future, you're set.
And the quality is much better.

5D MkIII | 7D | Bronica ETRS
24-105 f/4 L | 17-40 f/4 L | 70-300 f/4 L | 105 f/3.5 Zenzanon | Tamron SP90 f/2.8 Di Macro VC USM
flickr (external link)

ThreeHounds
Joined Mar 2014
Delray Beach, Fl USA
Post has been edited 17 days ago by ThreeHounds.
Nov 04, 2017 12:34 as a reply to PineBomb's post |  #18

I used the PVC before I caved and got the aluminum. They were ok for cardboard tube wound paper, but they still sagged when using canvas or muslin. 9' is a long length of plastic that's supported on the two extreme ends.
Plus, the PVC is actually heavier than the aluminum.

5D MkIII | 7D | Bronica ETRS
24-105 f/4 L | 17-40 f/4 L | 70-300 f/4 L | 105 f/3.5 Zenzanon | Tamron SP90 f/2.8 Di Macro VC USM
flickr (external link)

bobbyz
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
18,419 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Bay Area, CA
Post has been edited 17 days ago by bobbyz.
Nov 04, 2017 14:28 |  #19

I think I have some extra budget so will swap Impact cores with Manfratto cores. For now I won't order the weight bar as some reviews say they are pain to manage. Thanks everyone. Once I have the setup, I will update with my feedback.

5dmk3, 35L, 85L II, 300mm f2.8 IS I, 400mm f5.6
Fuji XT-1, 14mm f2.8, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 90mm f2, 50-140mm f2.8

3,018 views & 1 like for this thread
Experiences with background paper wall mount
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.