Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 04 Nov 2017 (Saturday) 22:39
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Win 10 Pro 1703 update to 1709 Fall Edition...

nardes
Joined Jun 2009
Australia
Nov 04, 2017 22:39 |  #1

Hi Folks

I just downloaded and installed the latest Updates from MS and noticing that it took a loooong time, I have since discovered it was a large update to the latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709).

Anyhow, all seemed to go well and after the update process had completed, everything seemed to work okay.

But, after powering off overnight and then re-starting the next morning, I found that all my Office 365 desktop apps would not launch, along with LightRoom CC Classic and DxO PhotoLab. These were the only apps I tried.

So, I rolled back the update to my previous version (1703) and everything appeared to work fine' just as before the 1709 update.:-)

When I closed down again, it took a long time and I saw that the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) update had kicked off again:rolleyes:...with the same results:rolleyes:...so I did another roll back and once again everything appears okay...so far.:-)

I managed to disable the 1709 Update so will hold off for a while before I try a hopefully fixed update.

Has anyone else had any problems going from 1703 to 1709?

Cheers

Dennis

252 views & 0 likes for this thread
Win 10 Pro 1703 update to 1709 Fall Edition...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.