Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 04 Nov 2017 (Saturday) 05:29
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Anyone used Clickasnap?

Colin ­ Glover
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2012
Southport nr Liverpool United Kingdom
Nov 04, 2017 05:29 |  #1

https://www.clickasnap​.com/getpaid/ (external link)
Has anyone used this site. Sounds almost too good to be true. Not bothered checking the video, does it tell you much?

Any opinions greatfully received.

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

sponsored links
Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Nov 04, 2017 05:33 |  #2

My first question is "where does the money come from?"

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

ShadowHillsPhoto
Joined Aug 2015
Schoharie, NY
Nov 04, 2017 08:31 |  #3

Colin Glover wrote in post #18488218 (external link)
https://www.clickasnap​.com/getpaid/ (external link)
Has anyone used this site. Sounds almost too good to be true. Not bothered checking the video, does it tell you much?

Any opinions greatfully received.

So you're interested enough to make this thread, but not interested enough to bother watching the video... but you want us to watch it for you and summarize it for you? Seriously?

Scatterbrained wrote in post #18488219 (external link)

In theory I assume it's supposed to come from the embedded ads.

If someone is really interested in investigating this it would be easy enough to contact some of the photographers who have uploaded images to the site and simply ask them about their experience. Like this guy for example: https://www.clickasnap​.com/bobedwards (external link)

If I am interpreting the little icons and numbers in his profile correctly then he has uploaded 817 images, has 289 followers, 12,417 views, and 5,048 likes. If payment rates are .14 cents per view (that's $0.0014, not $0.14) then he should have "made" a whopping $17.38 from that so far. But of course, he can't even get paid until he hits at least $25. Of course the missing variable here is time (how long he has had those photos up on the site), and that is where contacting a few of these guys would be useful.

Colin ­ Glover
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Aug 2012
Southport nr Liverpool United Kingdom
Nov 04, 2017 14:03 |  #4

I didn't say I wouldn't, just I hadn't. I am of the TGTBT mindset. I just wondered if anybody on here was using it. I guess it's not many. I will look at the vid, but I'll bet it's one of those Poo dressed up as Gold videos, all talk and no cash. Maybe they have the right to resell anything you post. I'll let you know what I find out.

Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 600D, EF-S 18-55 ii, EF 55-200 USM ii, EF-S 75-300 iii, Tamron 28-80, Sigma 70-210. Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, EF-S 55-250, Raynox Macro adapter, Neewer filters (CPL, UV, FLD & ND4), Fuji HS20 EXR (30X zoom ) & cable release, Yongnuo 560 iii & Luxon 9800A manual flashguns for the Fuji, Hama Star 63 tripod, Hongdek RC-6 remote control, Velbon DF 40 www.point-n-shoot.co.uk website.

Dan ­ Marchant
Goldmember
Joined Oct 2011
Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.
Nov 05, 2017 00:13 |  #5

Scatterbrained wrote in post #18488219 (external link)

Advertising.

Afraid I can see this venture struggling for a while and then dying.

1. As a start up with limited audience the ads they get will be low quality and low paying.
2. There is no reason why people would go to this site to look at photos over any of the existing photo sharing companies that already have an established presence.
3. The only way to get people to the site will be to advertise*... which will cost more than they will earn from the adverts they have.

In short the business model is unsustainable.

* They will of course try getting users to spam every forum on the web but that won't have much impact.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

Tomforex
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Nov 2016
20 hours ago |  #6

Disclaimer; I am the founder of this company so my opinion is likely to be biased, however, it's always good to put forward ones point of view in a thread about your product :)

Please do feel free to contact any of our 10,500+ users i'm sure they will be most happy to talk to you

Some brief answers to statements/questions in this thread:

We claim no rights to any images uploaded in perpetuity

The money paid to users for the views of their photos comes from 8 different revenue streams, advertising actually only makes up 20% or so of our current income

Yes, Bob has 'only' earnt a whopping $17.83 from his images, however, that's $17.83 more than he has earnt anywhere else, and from people just looking at his content. Note, he also has a seller account (£3.00 a month) so can sell his images as physical prints, downloads etc for any price he chooses (obviously including production cost)

ClickASnap is not promised as a 'Get rich Quick' scheme, it operates in a similar manner to both Spotify and YouTube where a sustainable amount of revenue is paid to the content creators, so no, unless you have a massive audience you are not going to make millions from it over night. But, both Spotify and Youtube do have millionaire users so it is certainly possible

In reply to Dans comments:
1) We actually use a private exchange, our ad quality is high and pays reasonable rates, this actually increases as our user base increases. But as previously noted the bulk of our revenue is not from advertising
2) There is every reason why people would visit our site over any other site, if you choose to only post your photos on ClickASnap, your audience will only go to ClickASnap to view your photos. Our audience acqusition roughly breaks down as 33% organic (eg Google search) 33% Social and 33% direct
3) There are many many ways to get people to your website, paid advertising is only 1 method, we have a blog with over 400 articles in it, we have 10,000+ signed up users adding 500 new images a day, we have 30 new users signing up per day and of course we do advertise. However, because ad revenue is not our main source of income the site growth is sustainable, and therefore we do advertise, to get one person to sign up to the site currently costs us about 80 pence.

I hope this is enlightening, we do have a public forum that anyone can post in or ask questions of our users at clickasnap.com/forum and perhaps we may see some of you earning a passive income for your work soon instead of giving it all away

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
Joined Dec 2010
Repps cum Bastwick, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK.
17 hours ago |  #7

Tom I'm going to ask this here, since I don't really want to have to sign up for yet another service. So far all of the info I have seen shows users having to manually enter keywords etc manually. A big part of my workflow is keywording, adding titles and comments, and even IPTC subject codes to all of my images using Lr. When I upload to Flickr all of this data is read from the images metadata, so that I don't have to do it all over again. Does Clickasnap also do this?

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

Tomforex
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Nov 2016
13 hours ago |  #8

Hi Alan,

I must add that to the FAQ

Yes we automatically import IPTC tags and titles

sponsored links

646 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone used Clickasnap?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.