Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People
Thread started 04 Nov 2017 (Saturday) 22:08
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

C&C

Chris.R
Goldmember
1,311 posts
Joined Jul 2016
Nov 06, 2017 13:07 |  #16

Well it's her eyeliner so I assume she wants to look a bit odd! In which case she should love it. Linkedin isn't quite the boardroom wall. Maybe still lose the frizz top right?

sponsored links
DaviSto
... sorry. I got carried away!
Joined Nov 2016
Abuja Nigeria
Post has been edited 17 days ago by DaviSto.
Nov 06, 2017 13:25 |  #17

I think the depth of field issue is a very subjective. I like the shallower depth of field and, frankly, I have no interest whatsoever in in-focus ears. The main features, the ones that convey character and personality, are bang in focus. I can understand why others think differently.

I'm not sure about taking down the exposure by half a stop because it would tend to crush the colour in her hair. She is pale skinned and that's fine.

I don't get the eye-liner at all ... but my opinions carry no weight when it comes to make-up and fashion. If the subject wants to look that way, that's the way to make her look.

Overall, I like it.

Comment and (constructive) criticism always welcome.

Chris.R
Goldmember
1,311 posts
Joined Jul 2016
Nov 06, 2017 13:44 |  #18

Makeup can be contentious, when the person applied it in tungsten light and you use flash. The liner/skin tone contrast may not be what she intended. Did she intend it to look more or less "incongruous" than it does?

Good point about the hair.

smakelijk11
THREAD ­ STARTER
237 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Nov 06, 2017 15:01 |  #19

Here is me trying again. I did bring it down about 0.30 of a stop, fixed her tooth, cleaned up the hair and generally retouched it.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Nikon D300, Nikon D80, SB-800, Nikkor 50 1.8, Nikkor 18-70 (Hope this won't be held against me :))
Canon Pixma i4300

smakelijk11
THREAD ­ STARTER
237 posts
Joined Nov 2008
Nov 06, 2017 15:05 |  #20

Here are the shadows brought a little bit up so as not to crush them in the hair.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Nikon D300, Nikon D80, SB-800, Nikkor 50 1.8, Nikkor 18-70 (Hope this won't be held against me :))
Canon Pixma i4300

Chris.R
Goldmember
1,311 posts
Joined Jul 2016
Nov 06, 2017 15:15 |  #21

Yes, better.:-) (I can only appreciate it if I hold a hand in front of the Tipp-Ex)

gregr2
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2010
West Melbourne, Fl
Nov 06, 2017 15:18 |  #22

Chris.R wrote in post #18490172 (external link)
Yes, better.:-) (I can only appreciate it if I hold a hand in front of the Tipp-Ex)

LOL, I had to google Tipp-Ex! :lol:

Flickr (external link)
Sony A6500

AZGeorge
Goldmember
Joined Dec 2010
Southen Arizona
Nov 06, 2017 16:13 as a reply to post 18490042 |  #23

Nice work.

If your friend has second thoughts about her eyeliner for the purpose, some careful cloning at less than full opacity will do wonders.

George
Democracy Dies in Darkness

sponsored links

992 views & 8 likes for this thread
C&C
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.