Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge
Thread started 03 Nov 2017 (Friday) 21:52
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Live PD, What are your rights?

mikeinctown
Goldmember
1,961 posts
Joined May 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Nov 03, 2017 21:52 |  #1

So I'm watching Live PD on A&E or whatever channel right now and the guy keeps saying he doesn't want to be shown on camera and they keep showing his face on camera. Given that it appears to be a for profit show of them riding along in police department vehicles I wonder what rights people have if they don't consent to being shown on television? I had always assumed that unless it was a news broadcast that one would need some type of release, but now I'm confused.

Canon EOS 1D X | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM | Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C |

pbrimages
206 posts
Joined Apr 2013
Post has been edited 17 days ago by pbrimages.
Nov 03, 2017 22:31 |  #2

I assume that Live PD is shot "live" as in "without a script, etc." but obviously not live at the time of airing. Therefore the person saying they do not want to be recorded have had plenty of time to change their mind afterward.

...and pick up a little paycheck.

but then again I don't know that for sure, soooo...

1DX, 1Ds MkIII IR (FSp), 1Ds MkII, 1Ds, 1D, 1V-HS, G1x II, 550D (Running ML), Elan 7e, 300D, WFT-E2A, WFT-E1A, 17-40 L, 70-200 2.8 L IS USM, 400 DO IS USM, 50 1.4, 50 1.8 Plastique Fantastique, and a host of other less-than-noteworthy detritus

DetPenguin
32 posts
Joined Nov 2017
Nov 04, 2017 12:38 |  #3

^^^
This. Many reality shows are famous for doing this. Find people at their worst and then throw cash at them. Maybe $100 bucks. Usually not a lot. Makes good ratings and shows the results of human behavior at it's best or worst.

mikeinctown
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,961 posts
Joined May 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Nov 06, 2017 07:16 as a reply to DetPenguin's post |  #4

I had thought of that but whenever they show stuff "recorder earlier today" almost everyone's face is blurred out. They just never blur out faces on their so called live stuff. Plus a lot of the people are getting arrested and are on drugs at the time so I don't know how or why they would give consent.

Canon EOS 1D X | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM | Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C |

pbrimages
206 posts
Joined Apr 2013
Post has been edited 14 days ago by pbrimages.
Nov 06, 2017 22:10 as a reply to mikeinctown's post |  #5

They won't give, nor will the crew ask for, consent during the filming. Too busy, and everyone is high on adrenaline. They do that right after, when the cops are filing their reports and the crew is cleaning their shorts. That's when the release forms come out

1DX, 1Ds MkIII IR (FSp), 1Ds MkII, 1Ds, 1D, 1V-HS, G1x II, 550D (Running ML), Elan 7e, 300D, WFT-E2A, WFT-E1A, 17-40 L, 70-200 2.8 L IS USM, 400 DO IS USM, 50 1.4, 50 1.8 Plastique Fantastique, and a host of other less-than-noteworthy detritus

441 views & 0 likes for this thread
Live PD, What are your rights?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.