Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras
Thread started 15 Oct 2017 (Sunday) 20:51
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Nikon d750 vs 610

kma16
76 posts
Joined Feb 2015
Oct 15, 2017 20:51 |  #1

Has anyone upgraded their d610 to the d750? Is it worth it and what are the main differences you have noticed?

sponsored links
AZ ­ Pix
547 posts
Joined Jan 2010
Oct 16, 2017 12:14 |  #2

I currently shoot them both. I get paid to shoot portraits and events, but I enjoy all types of photography. For portrait sessions and general photography, and I think probably 90% of what 90% of us do, take your pick. What one will do so will the other. There's a lot out there that talks about the "inferior" autofocus system of the D610. That simply isn't so. Is it "inferior" to the D750? Yes - slightly. Is it bad? Nope! The D610 does great right up to the point that a scene gets past dark. We're talking really low light! That's when the D610 starts to hunt. The AF in the D750 keeps right on going though. That's not a knock on the D610 (or other cameras that might also start to hunt), but a testament to how good the D750 AF really is. The whole 39 AF point thing vs. 51 thing has never been a concern for me. I just adapt to whatever system I'm working with. For wildlife, sports and other fast action, they both work fine, but the D750 has a Group Focus option that I really enjoy using. Combine that with the better AF system mentioned above and it does a better job for action. The frames per second rate is a little better too. If you get paid to capture action, the D750 would be my pick of the two all day long. Otherwise, either will serve you well. Landscapes are not my forté, but on a tripod and with both over 20MPs, I can't see how either would not work great. I don't shoot video, so will not comment on that. Overall, I like the D750 better. Most of the functions that matter are a little better, though those may not always make a difference during a shoot. I like the deeper grip of the D750 as well. If you can't decide but know you wanted to simply have a nice full frame camera for enthusiast work and them some, I would say get the D610 and put the money saved toward glass. The D610 has earned me enough to buy the D750 and lots of other toys. Kept my ever-growing boys in pizza, new cleats and basketball shoes too. If you're into faster action and events, the D750 is better. For events my go-to is the D750 with my 70-200 2.8. Outdoors or indoors, I trust that combo is going to nail focus everytime as long as I do my part. The D610 gets my 28mm 1.8 and that covers everything else. The D750 has that pull out screen too. I've used it maybe 5 times, but there it was when I needed it. Reviews say the D750 is better at high ISOs, but I haven't tested the two against each other. I typically don't push either much past 3200.

sonofjesse
686 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Oct 16, 2017 15:00 |  #3

If you get paid for your work it could be worth it YMMV. I had the D600, 610 and 750

Biggest things for me.

Better grip (tons better)
Better AF

FeedBack
Feedback 2
Feedback 3
Feedback 4
Feedback 5

kma16
THREAD ­ STARTER
76 posts
Joined Feb 2015
Oct 16, 2017 20:54 as a reply to sonofjesse's post |  #4

Ok Thanks!

kma16
THREAD ­ STARTER
76 posts
Joined Feb 2015
Oct 16, 2017 20:54 as a reply to AZ Pix's post |  #5

Thank you for the in depth reply. Very helpful

PhotoEnt
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Nov 2017
Columbus, OH, USA
Post has been edited 15 days ago by PhotoEnt.
Nov 07, 2017 10:52 |  #6

IQ is almost same when i compared, the only difference is the AF speed in very low light.

sponsored links

272 views & 2 likes for this thread
Nikon d750 vs 610
FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.