Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting
Thread started 19 Oct 2017 (Thursday) 14:58
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

New Godox speedlites?

welshwizard1971
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Southampton Hampshire UK
Oct 19, 2017 14:58 |  #1

Does any one know if Godox are bringing out some new speedlites and transmitters, they seem to be selling off some stock, and I heard mention of a new X1 transmitter in fall 2017? Anyone know anything definate? Loathe to buy into a new system if it's going to be upgraded in two weeks...

5DIII, 40D, 16-35L 35 ART 50 ART 100L macro, 24-70 L Mk2, 135L 200L 70-200L f4 IS
Hype chimping - The act of looking at your screen after every shot, then wildly behaving like it's the best picture in the world, to try and impress other photographers around you.

sponsored links
CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,706 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Oct 19, 2017 15:00 |  #2

The new transmitter is real. I've not heard anything about new lights.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

welshwizard1971
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Southampton Hampshire UK
Oct 19, 2017 15:06 |  #3

ta :)

5DIII, 40D, 16-35L 35 ART 50 ART 100L macro, 24-70 L Mk2, 135L 200L 70-200L f4 IS
Hype chimping - The act of looking at your screen after every shot, then wildly behaving like it's the best picture in the world, to try and impress other photographers around you.

mmmfotografie
Goldmember
2,058 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Utrecht Netherlands
Post has been edited 1 month ago by mmmfotografie.
Oct 19, 2017 16:04 |  #4

I read about a new light by Godox but not a speedlite.

Ordered today a Xpro-C, so it is on travel that new trigger.

mmmfotografie : portfolio (external link) | ModelMayhem profile (external link)

inkista
485 posts
Joined Oct 2007
San Diego, CA, USA
Oct 19, 2017 16:57 |  #5

welshwizard1971 wrote in post #18476204 (external link)
Does any one know if Godox are bringing out some new speedlites and transmitters, they seem to be selling off some stock, and I heard mention of a new X1 transmitter in fall 2017? Anyone know anything definate? Loathe to buy into a new system if it's going to be upgraded in two weeks...

Don't go for cheap Chinese gear, then. :lol: The pace of development is whirlwind.

Look, it's kind of like camera bodies and computers. You can always wait for the next great thing, or just make a judgement call on what's sufficient for you and make your peace with the never-ending pace of change. That said, I follow the Flash Havoc blog (external link) (thank you, elv!) for rumors like this, and haven't seen a word on there about upcoming new speedlights from Godox. Just the XPro-C/-N trigger announcements (vs. the older X1T triggers).

Doesn't mean we might not be surprised before Black Friday, but that's a chance you take with all things with digital electronics.

Take comfort from the fact that Godox has taken the time to make sure the older AD180 and AD360 and Mk I V850/V860 users can still use their gear in the new X system and that most of their lights are firmware upgradeable. They don't want to orphan your stuff, either.

I'm a woman. I shoot with a Fuji X100T, Panasonic GX-7, Canon 5DmkII, and 50D. flickr stream (external link)

mmmfotografie
Goldmember
2,058 posts
Joined Jul 2013
Utrecht Netherlands
Post has been edited 1 month ago by mmmfotografie.
Oct 19, 2017 17:18 |  #6

inkista wrote in post #18476298 (external link)
Take comfort from the fact that Godox has taken the time to make sure the older AD180 and AD360 and Mk I V850/V860 users can still use their gear in the new X system and that most of their lights are firmware upgradeable. They don't want to orphan your stuff, either.

A lot of effort was put into having Godox keep backward compatibility when moving to the 2.4GHz. Godox does listen but has also a mind of his own and as long Godox can be push somehow in the right direction we all are happy.

mmmfotografie : portfolio (external link) | ModelMayhem profile (external link)

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
47,706 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Joined Apr 2003
Rhode Island USA
Oct 20, 2017 09:38 |  #7

True, I use my old manual only AD360s alongside the latest ETTL AD200 and speedlites using the same 2.4GHz controller,. seamlessly. It truly is a fantastic set up with full backwards compatibility.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

welshwizard1971
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Southampton Hampshire UK
Oct 20, 2017 13:42 |  #8

inkista wrote in post #18476298 (external link)
Don't go for cheap Chinese gear, then. :lol: The pace of development is whirlwind.

Look, it's kind of like camera bodies and computers. You can always wait for the next great thing, or just make a judgement call on what's sufficient for you and make your peace with the never-ending pace of change. That said, I follow the Flash Havoc blog (external link) (thank you, elv!) for rumors like this, and haven't seen a word on there about upcoming new speedlights from Godox. Just the XPro-C/-N trigger announcements (vs. the older X1T triggers).

Doesn't mean we might not be surprised before Black Friday, but that's a chance you take with all things with digital electronics.

I have got cheap Chinese gear, and Canon, that's the problem, it doesn't talk to each other, I've even got Youngnuo triggers that don't talk to my Younguo flashes, none of which triggers my old 430ex, which isn't a transmitter either only a slave, a real mish mash of lights, hence why I want to go Godox, it all talks to each other without any issues. But, I want a simple trigger, not a massively complicated one, so no groups etc ( I'll just forget how it works each time I pick it up ) but ideally with focus assist, they don't make one of those at the moment, hence why I'm curious...

nixland
449 posts
Joined Apr 2009
Oct 21, 2017 01:13 as a reply to welshwizard1971's post |  #9

If you wanna use multiple flash with different power setting then group mode is needed.

welshwizard1971
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Southampton Hampshire UK
Oct 21, 2017 03:07 |  #10

I don't, not that good :)

ShutterKlick
68 posts
Joined Oct 2017
Nov 07, 2017 21:09 |  #11

welshwizard1971 wrote in post #18477368 (external link)
I don't, not that good :)

Dont sell yourself short! Im still a scrub rookie (compared to many others) and
am LOVING the Godox system! Once you see how super sweet it is to control
flash power from the camera instead of pacing back in forth 50 times, you will
be sold on it too! Add a few more flashes for studio or outdoor flash photography
and you will quickly agree, money well spent!

I just tried one TT600 (manual flash) with my X1T (Xpro on order) and what a
photographer's dream!!

I like it so much, I ordered *TWO* more TT600's, will use the whole kit at
the family's Thanksgiving dinner get together.

Cheers,
Andrew

"Camera rich, Cash poor"

sponsored links

2,629 views & 1 like for this thread
New Godox speedlites?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.