Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers
Thread started 07 Nov 2017 (Tuesday) 09:03
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Monitor Calibration

alan_potter
wireless groping system
Joined May 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Nov 07, 2017 09:03 |  #1

Hi,

TL;DR: are people having any success with monitor calibration on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?

I have been using a Pantone Huey monitor calibrator for years, but with the upgrade to Fall Creators Update that stopped working properly. The screen flickered when the calibrator adjusted for room light, and the profiles from the calibrator weren't being honoured.

So I've bought a Spyder5Pro, only to find that that doesn't work properly either. I'm not getting flickering, but I'm still not able to use the profiles.

The next step is a complete reinstall of Windows, but... well, I will if I must. But I'd like to have some reason to believe it will work.

So... has anyone got Windows 10 FCU working properly with either a Pantone Huey or a Spyder5 ?

Thanks

Falkirk, Scotland.
Project 365 Blogexternal link | flickrexternal link

-dave-m-
Joined Sep 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Nov 07, 2017 18:47 |  #2

Using Spyder4Pro + Win 10 Fall Creators on multiple PC's with no problems.

5D MkII Gripped | 7D MkII Gripped | 200 f/2.8L | 17-40 f/4L | Σ 24-105 OS f/4 Art | Σ 50 f/1.4 Art | Σ 150-600 OS f/5-6.3 C | 430EX II

alan_potter
THREAD ­ STARTER
wireless groping system
Joined May 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Nov 08, 2017 04:07 as a reply to -dave-m-'s post |  #3

That confirms it's my installation, then. Thanks.

Guess I'm going to have to block off a day and reinstall Windows some time soon!

Falkirk, Scotland.
Project 365 Blogexternal link | flickrexternal link

dbeugel
522 posts
Joined Jun 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Nov 20, 2017 12:40 |  #4

Yep, Spyder 5 is useless with the latest fall update and Datacolor seem unbothered about fixing it. I've even re-installed Windows from scratch and I still can't get the Spyder software to apply the calibation correctly.

I own a DSLR, some lenses and some lights.

295 views & 0 likes for this thread
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Monitor Calibration
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.