Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk
Thread started 08 Nov 2017 (Wednesday) 08:20
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

double images

Ltdave
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2012
the farthest point east in michigan
Nov 08, 2017 08:20 |  #1

in days of yore, one would push the rewind release button on the bottom of the camera while "winding" the film in order to take multiple images on a single frame of film...

now i suppose everything is done via layers and such in LR or PS...

i still dont understand layers or how to apply them or how to use them so, is there a provision for double exposure images with a 5D3?

PhotosGuy
74,826 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2004
Middle of Michigan
Nov 08, 2017 08:40 |  #2

My experience in placing the 2nd image in the camera is that they're usually "almost" right. Using layers in PS allows you to nudge them a bit to fix that problem.
Give them another try: How to combine photos in Photoshop with Layer Masks, seamless blending technique (external link)

Three pages on Layer Masks (external link)

Adjustment layer basics (external link)

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1280 pixels on any side.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
32,227 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined May 2002
Northern Indiana
Post has been last edited 13 days ago by TeamSpeed. 2 edits done in total.
Nov 08, 2017 08:43 |  #3

The new cameras support multiple exposures, multiple frames, and work pretty well. For an exacting multiple exposure with total control, you would do this in post, but it is very possible to get many situations in camera with minimal effort and nearly the same exactness.

If you doubt what I say, here is a tutorial. To get the most out of this feature, you must use the Live View mode for the subsequent shots after the first.

https://petapixel.com ...with-a-canon-5d-mark-iii/ (external link)

Done in camera...

Past Equipment | My Gallery (external link)

295 views & 1 like for this thread
double images
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.