Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras
Thread started 12 Nov 2014 (Wednesday) 14:59
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

7D Mark II - Focus Discussions

apersson850
Cream of the Crop
11,622 posts
Joined Nov 2007
Traryd, Sweden
Nov 08, 2017 09:35 |  #7051

Somewhere in Canon's documentation they specifically point out that the initial acqusition isn't affected by this setting.

Anders

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,124 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Oct 2009
Nov 08, 2017 11:30 |  #7052

apersson850 wrote in post #18491758 (external link)
Somewhere in Canon's documentation they specifically point out that the initial acqusition isn't affected by this setting.

I never came across it but I'm it's somewhere.

Image Editing OK

Website (external link) ~ Buy/Sell Feedback

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,124 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Nov 08, 2017 12:38 |  #7053

apersson850 wrote in post #18491758 (external link)

I forgot to say this is associated with Case 3. Early on I had read on a few forums that people used it because it focuses faster. Yes from one subject to another but not initial AF focus. The 7D2 AF guide shows an image of a hawk entering the scene. AF did not start with the bird entering. In that scene the system would have had the background in focus first. Canon says between two subjects and I guess there only being one bird in that example might have thrown someone off. I decided to test it myself and got the results I expected.

Image Editing OK

digital ­ paradise
Cream of the Crop
12,124 posts
Joined Oct 2009
Post has been edited 16 days ago by digital paradise.
Nov 08, 2017 12:47 |  #7054

Based on some of the discussions I am going to try out Case 4 and maybe bump the parameters. Unless I'm in zone I'm usually in Case 2 for precise tracking. The gulls I normally practice on get a little erratic but they are gone. I don't shoot enough sports but I wish I did. Gonna shoot a friends hockey hockey game but like me those guys out there aren't spring chickens.

Image Editing OK

1,148,697 views & 2721 likes for this thread
7D Mark II - Focus Discussions
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.