Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Gear Reviews Camera Reviews
Thread started 08 Nov 2017 (Wednesday) 12:55
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Canon EOS 40D, reviewed by Mkl

TOGGLE RATINGS BETWEEN ALL AND Mkl (showing now: Mkl)
Overall Rating9
Overall Image Quality10
Value for Money9
Must Have9
Suitability to Intended Use9
Got What I Expected9
AF Performance10
Handling and Ergonomics10
User-interface9
Ownership Status: "own"

Click here for detailed specs and sample photos.
Click ratings to see total averages and rating distributions.
List all reviews of Canon EOS 40D

Mkl
Joined Nov 2017
Nov 08, 2017 12:55 |  #1

This is my camera which I often use. I bought a body of Canon EOS 40D as an used after few months of searching. Yet before I bought this camera I looked on the internet many of sample photos taken by this camera. Earlier I used Canon EOS 350D, and there is practically no compare. Canon EOS 40D is as should be, very well holding in hand with Grip and without, however I use Grip because I use this body with Sigma lens: Sigma 18-200 mm f/3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM which works well together with this body. Canon EOS 40D has simply an amazing color tones range and is easy with set of image quality and parameters set. ISO Sppeed range is much better than in EOS 350D. Advanced settings and an options make this camera an excellent for me. Fast autofocus, 6,5 frames per second and additional functions like One Shot, AI Focus and AI Servo are very useful for me. Yes, the camera is sensitive to light in the time of shooting photos, however I don't have to use exposure correction so often like in case of Canon EOS 350D and Canon EOS 7D. Of course display is as it is, body could be slightly more airtight, I mean dusts on sensor, however in my case Canon EOS 7D is my additional body. I don't use Canon L series lenses yet, however I get the optimal results on Sigma lens. I'm a satisfied user of EOS 40D and this camera fulfill my expectations. This is a great camera. I recommend this camera as an additional body, or body for daily and frequently use.

Canon EOS 40D + Grip, Canon EOS 7D, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 II DC OS HSM, flickr (external link)
Critiques and comments are always welcome.

81 views & 1 like for this thread
Canon EOS 40D, reviewed by Mkl
FORUMS Gear Reviews Camera Reviews

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.