Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras
Thread started 09 Jun 2017 (Friday) 10:57
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Nov 08, 2017 22:36 as a reply to post 18492351 |  #7066

In Socal traffic 2hrs is local. :-P

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

sponsored links
David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,080 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010
West Point, Georgia
Nov 08, 2017 22:41 |  #7067

TRhoads wrote in post #18492041 (external link)
I fly into LAX next week...will drive out to JTNP...cool to see the map...a few POTN folks out that way.

The timing isn’t great with your planned trip, but I just reminded myself that I want an autumn capture of that nice mill at Berry College. Anyway, it occurs to me it would be fun to shoot a subject like that with you sometime.

I need to get on the stick and get up there this week before the leaves go away, if it’s not already too late.

David | Flickr (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
10,080 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Aug 2010
West Point, Georgia
Nov 08, 2017 23:03 |  #7068

If anyone here wants a nearly perfect CV 65mm, shoot me a note. Going to put it up on FM tomorrow.

I was going to sell my Batis 135mm, buuuuut I just. can’t. do. it. (yet). It’s a lens I’ve been having too much enjoyment with. I’m sorta kicking myself for seling my Batis 85mm for that matter. That ship has sailed and I can see maybe getting the FE 85mm 1.8 at some point to fill that hole in my heart. Don’t make the same mistake I did Eddie! :p

BTW, Eddie, I hadn’t said anything yet, but your Aurora shot is just stunning. Gorgeous incredible work by you as usual. :)

David | Flickr (external link)

Puckman
Cream of the Crop
6,219 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2013
Yorba Linda, CA
Nov 08, 2017 23:10 |  #7069

Dodger Stadium, last Sunday.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Sony A7RII and a bunch of lenses.

xpfloyd
Cream of the Crop
Joined Feb 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Nov 08, 2017 23:15 |  #7070

David Arbogast wrote in post #18492362 (external link)
If anyone here wants a nearly perfect CV 65mm, shoot me a note. Going to put it up on FM tomorrow.

I was going to sell my Batis 135mm, buuuuut I just. can’t. do. it. (yet). It’s a lens I’ve been having too much enjoyment with. I’m sorta kicking myself for seling my Batis 85mm for that matter. That ship has sailed and I can see maybe getting the FE 85mm 1.8 at some point to fill that hole in my heart. Don’t make the same mistake I did Eddie! :p

BTW, Eddie, I hadn’t said anything yet, but your Aurora shot is just stunning. Gorgeous incredible work by you as usual. :)

Thanks David!

Eddie | flickr (external link)| gear
x100F | α7R II
Voigtlander 15 | Zeiss Loxia 21 | Samyang 24 | Contax Zeiss 100-300
Sony 28 | Sony/Zeiss 55 | Zeiss Batis 85 | Sony 90 Macro

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2010
California
Nov 09, 2017 00:15 |  #7071

navydoc wrote in post #18492336 (external link)
Don't forget if your Sony camera has IBIS, be sure to use the sensor cleaning mode found in the menu (toolbox, tab 3) to clean the sensor first as that will lock the sensor so it won't move while you're cleaning it.

This video which I've set to start at the 15min 50 sec mark describes that. Oh, I use the Ulead sticky pad for Sony sensors (the orange one).

https://www.ebay.com ...71?_trksid=p2047675​.l2644 (external link)

The video:

https://youtu.be/JS1t7​JcAt9w?t=15m50s (external link)

i'm aware of that sensor cleaning mode but thanks for the reminder Gene.

VINZ - SONY A7RII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE3514 | FE1635F4 |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
Joined Sep 2010
California
Nov 09, 2017 00:17 |  #7072

Scatterbrained wrote in post #18492355 (external link)
In Socal traffic 2hrs is local. :-P

lesson i learned driving in socal, do not use the freeway on rush hours. it's better to use the side streets.

VINZ - SONY A7RII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE3514 | FE1635F4 |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
13,312 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Joined Apr 2011
Nov 09, 2017 00:57 |  #7073

joonrhee wrote in post #18490148 (external link)
I know some of you use Peak Design gear, so I'll just post it here. I'm not a fan of kickstarter anymore, but it's Peak Design and I trust this seller. I just ordered the Capture V3. :)

https://www.kickstarte​r.com ...e-and-slide-lit?ref=email (external link)

thanks for the link.

xpfloyd wrote in post #18490158 (external link)
I’ve been meaning to buy a PD capture clip but not got round to it. Think I’ll jump on this for the V3. I like the fact the baseplate is arca Swiss compatible

same. ive been trying to find a reason to get one because I think it's great but never found any reason to have one. now I do, with a 2nd camera in the works it will come in handy. :D

i do prefer the looks on the current capture but ill take the smaller and lighter one over that. and yes arca swiss makes it convenient.

Support the forums - donate here

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
Joined Jan 2010
Chula Vista, CA
Nov 09, 2017 01:12 |  #7074

DTBaan wrote in post #18492398 (external link)
thanks for the link.

same. ive been trying to find a reason to get one because I think it's great but never found any reason to have one. now I do, with a 2nd camera in the works it will come in handy. :D

i do prefer the looks on the current capture but ill take the smaller and lighter one over that. and yes arca swiss makes it convenient.

Meh, I bought the first one when it was on Kickstarter years ago, but I never use it. The baseplate is too narrow relative to all my other plates, and it twists too easily. Meanwhile it is just damn awkward with a full size camera and large lens hanging on me like that. I did try to attach it to my Crumpler 8MDH strap to carry a second body that way, but I ultimately don't use that bag much either.

Granted I have been tempted to get their lens holder for it, just to see if it would be more useful then.

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
13,312 posts
Joined Apr 2011
Nov 09, 2017 01:18 |  #7075

xpfloyd wrote in post #18491587 (external link)
Heres one of the shots from last night. Unbelieveable sight to see

QUOTED IMAGE
[IMAGE'S LINK: https://flic.kr/p/Dafy​37] (external link)Loch Lomond Aurora - 07.11.17 (external link) by xpfloyd (external link), on Flickr

oh man what a scene. glad you got to experience that :)

one of these days....

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you" (Belmondo)

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
13,312 posts
Joined Apr 2011
Nov 09, 2017 01:27 |  #7076

TRhoads wrote in post #18492132 (external link)
I get in after sunset on Thursday, and then we have a house just outside JTNP to get to...figuring LA traffic, the 120 miles should take 4 hours  :p...we will likely find a place to shoot astro that night, and then get back in...I plan to find spots for sunrise too...

I can't believe you live near LA and have not been to JTNP...I have said it before, if I lived near stuff like that or Yosemite...my wife would hate it...I would ALWAYS be making the jaunt to go there...

sunset starts around 4:30pm atm and gets dark a little after 5pm. as Charlie mentioned, lots of beaches :P I'm not too familiar with the beaches north of balboa pier but i like the beaches south of newport beach. i mostly shoot at huntington pier but if you look into my flickr and see a place you would like to see feel free and ask. of course not all the pics are form here. heh

"Lovely photo, you must have a really good camera"

DTBaan
"male gigolo"
13,312 posts
Joined Apr 2011
Nov 09, 2017 01:36 |  #7077

Scatterbrained wrote in post #18492401 (external link)
Meh, I bought the first one when it was on Kickstarter years ago, but I never use it. The baseplate is too narrow relative to all my other plates, and it twists too easily. Meanwhile it is just damn awkward with a full size camera and large lens hanging on me like that. I did try to attach it to my Crumpler 8MDH strap to carry a second body that way, but I ultimately don't use that bag much either.

Granted I have been tempted to get their lens holder for it, just to see if it would be more useful then.

i would like my gears to be put away in my bag when not in use but sometimes i find myself just placing a camera or lens on the floor for a quick shot with another camera in hand. pretty risky and stupid of me to do that, just glad i havnt had any accidents... yet *knocks on wood*

being twisted off is a turn off :/ ive also heard a few ppl mentioning that it didnt hold their gear too well and their gear would drop. ill be using for the a7 bodies so hoping it will be ok.

"Owning lots of expensive gear is very important. I helps those of us without talent appear as if we really know what we're doing" (Belmondo)

MedicineMan4040
The Magic Johnson of Cameras
Joined Jul 2013
Nov 09, 2017 06:03 |  #7078

Scatterbrained wrote in post #18492401 (external link)

I know you don't have a cat on this ball of yarn (kinda like no dog in this fight) but I've been putting the RX10iv on Capture and on the shoulder strap of the Everyday 20L pack.
So not for you SB but anyone else who might be interested, the weight is not an issue but the 10iv is sizeable for a Sony. Still I like the set up but truthfully won't use it a lot.

Now the real beauty of capture is having a smaller camera on the shoulder strap, WiFi'd to the smartphone, you (or anyone) looking like they are reading a text when they are really
focusing and directing the shot....so for candid street photography would work a dream...my thinking like in a market place. Closest I can come to any of this is a flea market trying to
get a shot of Daryl, Daryl's brother Daryl, and their other brother Daryl.

flickr (external link)
Vid Collection: https://www.youtube.co​m/user/medicineman4040 (external link)

TMaG82
958 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Nov 09, 2017 07:16 |  #7079

Puckman wrote in post #18492365 (external link)
Dodger Stadium, last Sunday.

thumbnailHosted photo: posted by Puckman in
./showthread.php?p=184​92365&i=i130254809
forum: Sony Cameras

Love it! My favorite ballpark in America, wish I could go to it more often.

Current Gear: Nadda

TRhoads
Goldmember
Joined Jun 2009
Roswell, Georgia
Nov 09, 2017 07:50 |  #7080

David Arbogast wrote in post #18492357 (external link)
The timing isn’t great with your planned trip, but I just reminded myself that I want an autumn capture of that nice mill at Berry College. Anyway, it occurs to me it would be fun to shoot a subject like that with you sometime.

I need to get on the stick and get up there this week before the leaves go away, if it’s not already too late.

I had to read that a few times this morning, and decided to come back to it when I was more awake... :p...now I get it...yeah, this weekend might be the last for color, the rain this week and the temp dropping again, I think any color is about to be gone...I have never shot that mill there, have seen plenty of pictures of it, it would be a great fall scene for sure. I am always up for shooting...if you feel like making a drive, our local photo club is doing Old Car City Saturday...open to anyone who wants to go...

Gear List & Feedback | SmugMug Page (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

255,029 views & 14093 likes for this thread
Sony Lounge Thread MKIII (All Sony cameras welcome)
FORUMS Sony Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Sony Cameras

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.