Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography
Thread started 10 Nov 2017 (Friday) 15:03
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

customer needs digital files

Ltdave
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2012
the farthest point east in michigan
Nov 10, 2017 15:03 |  #1

i have a zenfolio account. i sell a small number of images every year. i use their suggested pricing guide for products which gets me a little bit of income for my efforts...

a parent of one of the football players (i shot the local HS teams this year) has a friend or accquaintence who does fancy collage products and im pretty sure shes going to need or want digital files and not just prints...

whats a good starting point for "selling" or providing digital files (jpegs, post-edited RAW)?

I dont expect a lot of additional editing to them by this other person but i want to make sure i get a fair rate for them...

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,188 posts
Joined Feb 2012
Sandy, Oregon
7 hours ago |  #2

If you where the one purchasing the images what would you be willing to pay? This is generally how the wife and I discuss our pricing structure for our products and services. The flip side is what are you willing to sell it for and still be happy?

Numenorean
Goldmember
4,994 posts
Joined Feb 2011
6 hours ago |  #3

What is the price you are willing to sell them for realizing you will get 0 more print sales of that item?

Also, I'd never sell RAW files unless compensated extremely highly.

Gear List

Ltdave
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
Joined Apr 2012
the farthest point east in michigan
2 hours ago |  #4

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #18500531 (external link)
If you where the one purchasing the images what would you be willing to pay? This is generally how the wife and I discuss our pricing structure for our products and services. The flip side is what are you willing to sell it for and still be happy?

Numenorean wrote in post #18500534 (external link)
What is the price you are willing to sell them for realizing you will get 0 more print sales of that item?

Also, I'd never sell RAW files unless compensated extremely highly.

good question. ive never considered it. i suppose if i were to get a price >/= to some multiple of my print costs id be happy...

i probably wont get any more print sales of them one way or another. RAWs would never be sold...

tcphoto1
Joined Sep 2005
Madison, Ga
59 min. ago |  #5

Assume that the client will print from the file, so find a price that you feel comfortable with. Make sure your paperwork is in order with who can use the image, how and whether the person producing the collage can use it for self promotion. As stated earlier, never deliver RAW files.

www.tonyclarkphoto.comexternal link
www.tcphoto.orgexternal link

192 views & 0 likes for this thread
customer needs digital files
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.