Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News
Thread started 09 Nov 2017 (Thursday) 00:42
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

A 35mm Film Camera

photosbytw
Goldmember
Joined Jan 2015
Blue Ridge Mountains
Nov 10, 2017 15:59 |  #16

PhotosGuy wrote in post #18493393 (external link)
You probably wish you still had to hand crank your car to start it!
[GIFS ARE NOT RENDERED IN QUOTES]

Well..............as a matter of fact. I would...............it would tooooo cool to have a car like that.

Preferably a 1909 EMF...............:love::love::love:

Don't even begin to think I'm criticizing your images.
Just a natural curiosity.
tw
www.photosbytw.net (external link)

SpiderMonkey
Joined Jan 2017
Pearland, Texas
Dec 05, 2017 20:35 |  #17

I love shooting film, I still have a few film cameras that I use regularly while at the same time I admit that I am spoiled with my digital and the instant gratification of knowing whether or not I got the shot.

Hokie ­ Jim
Joined Jan 2016
Hillsborough, NC
Dec 06, 2017 08:34 |  #18

MalVeauX wrote in post #18493520 (external link)
I've thought about going back to film (well, more just add it as a side project, fun). I shot film in the 80's and 90's. Got my first digital Kodak in the mid 90's. Been digital ever since. Too convenient.

I think if I were going to look at film again these days, for the money, I don't think I'd want to mess around with 35mm. I already have that, but digital. Same FOV. Same lots of things. I just can't review photos and I'm limited to how many I can take. And sadly, most people shooting film and sharing their images have to scan them at some point... so, all kinds of mixed feelings about bothering to do all that just to make them digital anyways. I think if I were to get into film, I'd probably look at the inexpensive film medium format stuff. It's cheap. It's different.

Very best,

35mm film holds no cachet for me. Large format, however...  :p

The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature but plunges him more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint Exupéry
Canon 6D | 16-35 f/4L IS | Zeiss Milvus 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 580EXII | Gitzo 1410MK2/RRS BH-55

Mark0159
THREAD ­ STARTER
I say stupid things all the time
12,725 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Mar 2003
Hamilton, New Zealand
Post has been edited 1 month ago by Mark0159.
Dec 06, 2017 13:34 |  #19

I would like to try medium format and large format, however the gear is limited where I live unless I want to buy the kit.

Mark
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/52782633@N04 (external link)
Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD | Canon Speedlite 550EX -|- Film | Canon EOS 3 | Olympus OM2 | Zuiko 35mm f2

2,783 views & 4 likes for this thread
A 35mm Film Camera
FORUMS News & Rumors Photography Industry News

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.