Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands
Thread started 11 Nov 2017 (Saturday) 11:47
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Where is the serial #

anitaw2
212 posts
Joined Jun 2015
Canada
Nov 11, 2017 11:47 |  #1

I have a used canon 7D and there is no # under the camera. Is there another place it could be. I want to update the software

Anita W.

sponsored links
davesrose
Title Fairy still hasn't visited me!
2,930 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Atlanta, GA
Post has been edited 1 month ago by davesrose.
Nov 11, 2017 12:07 |  #2

Canon’s website says it should be located at the bottom. Maybe the previous owner peeled off the label? Was it a hot item-?

CPS Barcode PDF (external link)

Canon 5D mk III , 7D mk II
EF 135mm 2.0L, EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, EF 24-70 2.8L II, EF 50mm 1.4, EF 100mm 2.8L Macro, EF 16-35mm 4L IS, Sigma 150-600mm C, 580EX, 600EX-RT, MeFoto Globetrotter tripod, grips, Black Rapid RS-7, CAMS plate and strap system, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW, and a few other things...
smugmug (external link)

anitaw2
THREAD ­ STARTER
212 posts
Joined Jun 2015
Canada
Nov 11, 2017 12:13 |  #3

The plate is blank. There is no #. I don't understand this. Is there another place it could be. I don't have a box just the camera.

Anita W.

davesrose
Title Fairy still hasn't visited me!
2,930 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Atlanta, GA
Post has been last edited 1 month ago by davesrose. 2 edits done in total.
Nov 11, 2017 12:39 as a reply to anitaw2's post |  #4

For DSLRs, the serial number is printed on the silver area of the Canon label at the bottom of the camera. Look at the link, as it shows how it should be on the 7D: there's a spot that's slightly recessed (it has two notches on the right, but is otherwise rectangular). Do you see that recessed area? If the entire sticker is missing, then maybe it was peeled off. You can try contacting the seller to see if they have the serial number. Or if you're looking for 7D software specifically, maybe you can find someone with a 7D that is willing to share their serial number or software install.

Canon 5D mk III , 7D mk II
EF 135mm 2.0L, EF 70-200mm 2.8L IS II, EF 24-70 2.8L II, EF 50mm 1.4, EF 100mm 2.8L Macro, EF 16-35mm 4L IS, Sigma 150-600mm C, 580EX, 600EX-RT, MeFoto Globetrotter tripod, grips, Black Rapid RS-7, CAMS plate and strap system, Lowepro Flipside 500 AW, and a few other things...
smugmug (external link)

john ­ crossley
Goldmember
2,035 posts
Joined Nov 2009
The Rhubarb Triangle
Post has been edited 1 month ago by john crossley.
Nov 11, 2017 14:24 |  #5

anitaw2 wrote in post #18494017 (external link)
I have a used canon 7D and there is no # under the camera. Is there another place it could be. I want to update the software

anitaw2 wrote in post #18494035 (external link)
The plate is blank. There is no #. I don't understand this. Is there another place it could be. I don't have a box just the camera.

DPP and Lightroom will tell you what the serial number is, as I suspect will most other photo-editing software.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Those that can, do. Those that can't whinge.

anitaw2
THREAD ­ STARTER
212 posts
Joined Jun 2015
Canada
Nov 11, 2017 16:10 |  #6

john crossley wrote in post #18494116 (external link)
DPP and Lightroom will tell you what the serial number is, as I suspect will most other photo-editing software.
thumbnailHosted photo: posted by john crossley in
./showthread.php?p=184​94116&i=i136867607
forum: Changing Camera Brands

Thank you so much. This is what I was looking for

Anita W.

sponsored links

246 views & 0 likes for this thread
Where is the serial #
FORUMS General Gear Talk Changing Camera Brands

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.