Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Read More.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup
Thread started 10 Nov 2017 (Friday) 15:00
Prev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as registered member)

Folder back up software?

alex66
202 posts
Joined Feb 2006
Nov 10, 2017 15:00 |  #1

I have moved over to using a Windows machine on Mac I used a bit of software called "Get Back UP" it allowed me to do scheduled back ups of folders, plus I could add a set of jobs. As an example I could have 2017 and back up to two externals as 2 jobs, then "windows" again to two drives as another two jobs. I have looked but am having a hard time finding something similar and simple.

Stuff
Feed Your Head

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,015 posts
Joined Aug 2009
Nov 10, 2017 15:20 |  #2

Try syncback from 2brightsparks. They have free and paid versions. Macrium reflect aldo has free and paid versions. Between those two you should be able to accomplish your goals.

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
7,510 posts
Joined May 2003
Southeast Pennsylvania
Nov 10, 2017 16:17 |  #3

I find the free version works well; see https://www.todo-backup.com .../free-backup-software.htm (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
50,869 posts
Joined Nov 2004
Wellington, New Zealand
Nov 12, 2017 12:23 |  #4

Easiest is something like BackBlaze online backups, which gives you 30 days of versioning. Review here (external link). Otherwise you'll want something that does incremental backups, to protection against corruption and ransomware. I have some ideas for those here (external link).

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

PLLphotography
with the TF
4,736 posts
Joined Apr 2009
VA
Nov 15, 2017 09:51 |  #5

I use crashplan. They did away with their "home" plan, which was $60/year. Now it's their small business plan which is $10/month.

However, you can set it so you can keep backups of files forever, and have as many versions as you want, not limited to 30 days.

I currently have it setup to backup to a local drive, as well as the cloud storage.

Phillip - pllphotography.com (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Donate to POTN | Fuji X Gear

336 views & 0 likes for this thread
Folder back up software?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Data Storage, Memory Cards & Backup

Not a member yet? Click here to register to the forums.
Registered members get all the features: search, following threads, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, settings, view hosted photos, own reviews and more...

AAA

Send feedback to staff    •   Jump to forum...    •   Rules    •   Index    •   New posts    •   RTAT    •   'Best of'    •   Gallery    •   Gear    •   Reviews    •   Polls

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Privacy policy and cookie usage info.